1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma redesigned 19mm and 30mm pricing and release

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by madogvelkor, Mar 8, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  2. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Wow. I think everybody expected the updated versions to have a higher retail price. Nice that that didn't happen.

Sure wish they had some news for us about the new 60mm f2.8, though. Guess we'll have to wait a while longer.

3. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I thought they'd go at least $250. Maybe it will push prices of used older versions down on Ebay, given that Amazon will probably sell these for $150 in a few months.

I'm eager to see what the 60mm is going to be priced at, and when it will be released.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Did they actually make any changes on the m43/NEX lenses, other than cosmetics? The MFT charts look identical.

I am not interested as much for m4/3, but would love to have a 19mm with a bit better CA and border resolution performance on my NEX-7. :smile:

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I believe it is a cosmetic make-over, they've revamped much of their lens line in the new ART series format.

I too am looking forward to the 60mm pricing - if it comes in at $199 as well I think it will be a solid seller.

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    B&H is accepting requests for notification on the 60mm on availability and pricing. I could have used a 60mm 2.8 earlier this month...I put in a request at B&H for notification today.

Regards,

Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  7. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I'm strangely curious about the 60/2.8, and pricing.

8. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm guessing the 60mm is going to be $299 MSRP or more. Less than that and I'll be very interested; more, not so much.

That's just my guess, though, and not a suggestion for use in planning your future purchases. Obviously, could be wildly wrong.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Not thinking it's strange at all. Could be a real alternative to the Oly 75.

But since they have 50 and 70 f2.8 macros selling at 369 and 499 respectively I thinking 199 or even 299 might be optimistic. But still compared to the 899 Olympus?

10. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Yep. Probably optimistic. :) I want to believe!

11. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I'm hoping that their pricing director is developing a theme...all Sigma f2.8 :43: lenses will price out at $199 U.S.

:biggrin:

The Oly 75 is a wonderful lens, but the Princess of the Exchequer isn't convinced there isn't a better place to spend $900, and at the ranges I normally shoot she's probably right. But if the Sigma 60 comes in at the right price...

Regards,

Jim

12. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Oh my goodness, yes. Can you imagine?!? You have to think they'd sell a million at $199.

13. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    It's strange because I already own the Olympus 75mm. OMG G.A.S.? :eek:

14. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    OK, then yes, yes it is.

15. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  16. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    One reason I was hesitant on getting the older versions was because they just looked horrible. I'm eager to see what the new ones look/feel like on a body and how they handle without any real grip. Hopefully the metal body looks as good as I hope it will, it will be worth the small premium over the old version to me.

17. cprevost

cprevost Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    It's more than a small premium. The new lenses go for double the price. The old versions are selling for 99 each right now.

18. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    That was the list price of the old ones, and at a lot of places they were selling new for around $150 even before the clearance sales. The price on these will probably drop in a few months.