Sigma outlet: 56mm/1.4

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
FWIW, if you go to the Sigma outlet page and then shop for lenses, none of the lenses available are micro 4/3rds.

That being said, I did buy my Sigma 16mm f/1.4 from the Sigma outlet store for about $60 US off the normal new lens price in 2019. So, I don't know if Sigma just messed up the web site, or whether the lens is for sale.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.19.54 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
This lens, when I filtered for m43, showed up. Am I missing something here?

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I suspect it is a top level web thing, that they don't list the micro 4/3rds lenses at all on the outlet page, but as you say if you ask for the micro 4/3rds mount, it will find it. The 56mm lens doesn't even show up in the normal outlet page on lenses. At the moment, of the trio of f/1.4 lenses (16mm, 30mm, and 56mm), it looks like the 56mm is the only one available refurbished.

bacil

Mu-43 Regular
Would you recommend buying a refurbished lens? The saving is about $70 for the 56mm.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Would you recommend buying a refurbished lens? The saving is about $70 for the 56mm.
Sure, I've bought plenty of refurbished lenses from Olympus and the Sigma 16mm from Sigma. And they all have been fine.

But occasionally people do have issues. If you buy a refurbished lens, the period where you can send the lens back if there are issues is fairly short, so be sure to check out the lens ASAP.

In general, refurbised gear comes from product returns. Most product returns tend to be buyer's remorse (i.e. the customer didn't like the system, and/or realized they couldn't afford the lens).

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
Buying reconditioned is no different than buying used EXCEPT it’s generally a newer unit (having been a return and not sitting on someone’s shelf for 3 years), has a return period and usually a limited warranty. Just plan to test it once you get it.

I’ve bought a LOT of refurb gear and have not once had an issue - Mac and Oly mainly. I’ve not bought sigma reconditioned but I don’t see what it would be an issue.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom