1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma FT 18-50mm F2.8 questions...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Djarum, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Anyone know how well this lens works on the EP1 with an adapter?

This lens seems like a good value for what it is, and is similarly sized to the Oly FT 14-54. It looks like a good indoor light walk around zoom lens.

Dj

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Wow, this has been up for a while. No one owns this lens?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have used this lens only on Canon APS-C and in my brief trial had a more favorable impression of the Tamron than the Sigma. The Sigma didn't focus all that reliably, was less sharp, and had more color fringing than the Tamron.

For :43:, I can't see myself using it. The focal length range doesn't suit me, and the size and weight seal it. Personally, I'd stick with the primes or zoom plus flash for indoor and wait to see what is around the corner with regards to native faster zooms for :43:.

So, in summary, no I don't know how well this lens works on E-P1 with adapter :smile:.

4. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    I've used this lens for a few days on an Olympus E-520 fourthirds body. I believe this model is known to oftentimes have front/back focusing issues and my copy was front-focusing and i've returned it promptly.
    From what i have read the contrast detect focus on EPx is(might) not compatible with most fourthirds lenses therefore it will be very slow and tentative. Even on Oly E-520 this lens focused slower in live view than the kit lenses.
    Hope this helps.