Sigma DP2s/x getting disco'd?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by krugorg, Aug 22, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    On Sigma's site they have dropped the price of the DP2s and DP2x to $699... still showing as $899 at Amazon, etc. I know these have not seen stellar reviews, but always intrigued with the sensor. I wonder if they are struggling?
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    just another sign of the never-ending recession. and that's one of the most insidious is self-propagating.

Or they're going to introduce a marginally better camera for more money very soon ;)
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I love the Foveon - and that's why I purchased a DP2 new for $450 USD in Dec 10 :smile:
  4. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    I don't think its recession related.

Sigma and Fovean would an interesting idea .. of the 1st large sensor compact cameras out there for a reasonable price but unfortunately.. Sigma ended up with a quirky camera and they took a really long time to record their red issue. Simply.. to many draw backs to justify mass market success.

Maybe they have a new sensor or compact in the works to replace the unsuccessful current versions.
  5. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    I used to own the DP1 a while back. My experience goes in line with a lot of former DP-users. Gorgeous pics, but the camera's laggy operation and poor LCD frustrated me enough to sell it. Don't know if the DP2's are similar in operation, but if they could make it as snappy as a GF1 then it would be a definite keeper.