Sigma DP2 merrill

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chrisnmn, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I know theres a bunch of you guys using m43 camera with only one lens for different purposes... What do you think about this?

~45mm (35mm equiv) f2.8 lens
    15.6 megapixels (46 megapixels total) APS-C sensor
    Hot shoe
    Compact size
    920.000 lcd

The only thing pending is the af speed which i know could be a deal breaker, like on the fuji x100 ( i sold it right after i got it cause the af was just horribly slow) but i think if they manage to put an epl2 (hopefully ep3) fast af....then this could be something interesting dont you think?
  2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've always liked the concept of the Sigma DP cameras - a large sensor in a small body with a fixed lens, but from all I've read, the AF especially in anything but the best light is a big let down. I'm haven't read a ton about the DP2 Merrill though, so maybe its better in this regard. Still, for the price, I think I'd prefer a small m43 camera with the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 with the option to add an EVF or other lenses. Also, is it me or is that strap lug placement extremely strange?
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Somehow the Foveon sensor has always been better in theory than in practice, I think. While it does offer some interesting advantages, it comes with real tradeoffs, too.