Sigma 60mm f2.8 DN on Older Olympus bodies

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Is anybody using the Sigma 60mm f2.8 on older Olympus bodies like the E-P1, E-P2 or E-PL1? I have been considering picking one up, but this note from Lens Rentals give me pause:

"Please Note. We’ve had reports that some of the first generation Micro 4/3 cameras have issues with the Sigma DN lenses. We haven’t tested this ourselves, so we can’t confirm how widespread this is. With that said, you may want to think twice about using with early cameras like the E-P1 & E-PL1."

Has anyone using this lens on the older bodies had any issues? If so, what are they? Thanks.

jziegler

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't have the Sigma 60, but I have the 19 and the 30. They have the same warning on lensrentals.com. I have used mine on my E-PL1 with no problems. I know I'm just one data point. If you're worried, you could always rent one for a short time before you buy, or look at the Olympus 60mm instead.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Thanks. I have no issue with renting, however, with such an inexpensive lens it hardly makes sense to me seeing as a 4-day rental would be more than 20% of the cost of the lens. I'd probably rather just purchase it, and sell it if it didn't work out (it would probably cost me the same and I'd get to use it a little longer), but I was hoping some users here might have some experience.

Droogie

Mu-43 Veteran
I use the 19mm and the 30mm on my EPL2 on a regular basis and there are no issues at all. Actually the 19mm is the perfect lens for my EPL2.

D

Dave Reynell

I use the 19mm and the 30mm on my EPL2 on a regular basis and there are no issues at all. Actually the 19mm is the perfect lens for my EPL2.

Anyone tried this lens on a Panny G1 (the first ever mirrorless camera) ? I'm keen to get the 60 / Sigma but still use my trusty G1.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
I have not, but as the OP I'll provide an update that I have purchased the lens and can confirm it works fine on an E-PL1 (although I'm sure the AF is faster on newer bodies)

Latest threads

Top Bottom