Showcase Sigma 60mm f/2.8

WT21

Super Moderator
Anyone know how this autofocuses on a GX85? I am thinking I could use this for events, but I want to be sure it has solid S-AF without any issues.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Anyone know how this autofocuses on a GX85? I am thinking I could use this for events, but I want to be sure it has solid S-AF without any issues.
It's about like it would be on any other m4/3 body. Not the fastest to focus but not slow by any means. It's noticeable that it doesn't have DfD like a Panasonic lens would, but I don't have any complaints.

Taken last summer. The Sigma 60 2.8 is my preffered lens for air to air while flying in a glider because it is fairly fast and a good compromise of physical size vs telephoto reach.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
The 60mm is fairly different in look from a 42.5mm... but in answer to your question, it depends on how heavily weighted your style is toward telephoto and portrait lenses. For me, the 60mm covers a long lens when I need one but I am much more inclined towards normal-wide.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
Is there a reason to get this lens if you already have a 42.5/1.7? Anyone have both? If so, when do you use one vs the other?
I have them both and they are both good, if I had to keep one, it would be the 42.5 - I like it for and extra speed, but it is up to your preference.

But the sigma has really nice rendering.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom