Sigma 60mm/2.8 DISCONTINUED!! GRAB ONE WHILE YOU CAN!!

smartiepants

Mu-43 Veteran
I have pushed the button on one of these at £135, would have been rude not to at that price, I was a vintage festival at the weekend with my 12-40 pro and felt I needed something a bit more, I have the oly 45 1.8 which I didn't think it would be worth taking & a pile of legacy lenses that are fun & bulky but when you need to be quick there not up to the job

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
BH has the silver for $229 but all the black are gone. Adorama website is down so no clue about there. I think I'm leaning toward the stay native lens and get macro with the O60 for not too much more.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I actually sold my 60mm f2.8, even though I loved the sharpness and rendering. The focal length was just far too restrictive for me, I felt like I was never physically planted in just the right spot for framing. I think I'm more of a 45mm tele guy. Trying to talk myself into trying one of those out.

Shawn_D

Mu-43 Regular
I love my 60mm Oly macro. Now that they are frequently offering it on sale I can't imagine choosing the Sigma. As has been said, you gain macro, weather sealing, and a focus limiter. The Oly is still pretty small, lightweight, and quite sharp out to infinity focus.

(Unless of course they discount the heck out of the last stock of Sigmas...)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom