Sigma 60 / 2.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Dave Reynell, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

I have probably mentioned it far too many times on this forum, Bye-bye, see you tomorrow !.jpg
    I live with three primes. The Oly 12/2.0, a Panasonic 20/1.7 and an amazing Sigma 60/2.8.

My go to lens is the 20/1.7, I just love the perspective, but the Sigma 60 continues to surprise me. It really is a superb bit of glass.

Thought I'd just mention it !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I have a similar combo, although I have the Oly9mm Bodycap and recently added the P7-14. Still the S60 is just an amazing lens. Here are two concert shots taken with it (C&C always welcome).

Concert Prints-5.jpg Concert Prints-4.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

Nice pics ! Totally different to mine, of course, but pin sharp.
  4. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Yes, need to bump up the ISO a lot with 2.8 but I've never been bothered by noise in concert shots. Colour is usually a problem anyway, and in black in white the noise just gives character. I will probably get the 35-100 2.8 this year for concerts, because zooming with your feet really doesn't work, but I will probably keep the 60 just for those moments when I want to compose with that prime restriction.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

Do keep the 60, it's like a faithful old Volvo !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Reza Travilla
    Agreed. Sigma 60mm is an unique lens. Somehow it's more contrast.

Here is my shot using Sigma. Window's light from the right and external flash from the back-left. Intended to have a little flare effect.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. srhphoto

srhphoto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 4