Sigma 56mm is awesome!

pinnoy

New to Mu-43
I recently bought a Sigma 56mm and I've been testing a bit for portraits. So far, so good...and I like what I am getting from this lens!

I used to own a Nocticron, sold it, regretted selling it and was looking to get one again or an Olympus 45mm 1.2...but then Sigma came out with a 56mm variant. I thought of getting the Sigma instead of the other two and at the same time save a few bucks!

This Sigma has big shoes to fill!..but some far I think it is performing at least 90% of what the Nocticron can do...I just have to back away a little bit with the Sigma.

I attached some sigma 56mm samples here and lastly, a sample from the Nocticron.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Sigma 56mm with OMD EM10 Mark II Sample 1 (f1.4 indoors and using available light)

Sigma 56mm with OMD EM10 Mark II Sample 2 (f1.4 indoors and using available light)

Sigma 56mm with OMD EM10 Mark II Sample 3 (f1.4 indoors and using available light)

Now for the Nocticron. I swear this lens is amazing!..but I do recall I felt I was trying to protect the lens more instead of enjoying it while it was still with me... after all, it was an utterly expensive lens!

Nocticron with OMD EM5 Mark I Sample 1 (f1.2 outdoors and using available light)

Nocticron with OMD EM5 Mark I Sample 2 (f1.2 outdoors and using available light)

The skin tones are absolutely gorgeous with the Noct, in my opinion, and time will tell if my new Sigma 56mm will be up to the task!

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Agreed, the Noct yields gorgeous skin tones, but the Sigma is no slouch. It would have been great to see some shots of the same pretty model with the Sigma for comparison.

pinnoy

New to Mu-43
Agreed, the Noct yields gorgeous skin tones, but the Sigma is no slouch. It would have been great to see some shots of the same pretty model with the Sigma for comparison.
Alas I have sold the Nocticron soon after my photoshoot with this model! ... but I will post future updates on the Sigma 56mm when I use it in photoshoots!

Here are a few more pics with the Noct from this shoot and from a previous shoot. I got a fuji + 56mm 1.2 after selling my nocticron, but what I realized was that the Noct rendered images a bit differently from the Fuji (I got more 'wow' responses from friends with the Noct than my Fuji 56). I sold the Fuji and was back in M43 land.

I really did miss my Noct and so I went lens hunting again! (and at the same time justifying my G.A.S. at that time!)

Last edited:

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Alas I have sold the Nocticron soon after my photoshoot with this model! ... but I will post future updates on the Sigma 56mm when I use it in photoshoots!

Here are a few more pics with the Noct from this shoot and from a previous shoot. I got a fuji + 56mm 1.2 after selling my nocticron, but what I realized was that the Noct rendered images a bit differently from the Fuji (I got more 'wow' responses from friends with the Noct than my Fuji 56). I sold the Fuji and was back in M43 land.

I really did miss my Noct and so I went lens hunting again! (and at the same time justifying my G.A.S. at that time!)

View attachment 757894

View attachment 757895

View attachment 757897

View attachment 757898
Yes, gorgeous skin tones indeed. A credit to the models and to the photographer. Would like to hear what you think after shooting similar photos with the Sigma.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom