Showcase Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN

This caught my eye on the way to work this morning.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hernan

Mu-43 Veteran

WT21

Super Moderator

aknk96

New to Mu-43
I guess this was meant to be a portrait lens, but I found it works just as well for landscapes where I want to focus on one thing instead of the whole scene!
It's still fantastic at portraits though, definitely limited by the photographer :)

Jeroen_W

Mu-43 Rookie
I bought this lens a while ago to replace my 42.5mm 1.7. I wanted a little longer prime for outdoor shooting and head shoulder portraits between the 75mm and the 42.5 (to make it a little more versatile yet perfectly suitable for head&head/shoulder work) and this one fits right in. I love the IQ I get out of this lens. It's razor sharp @1.4. Even when taking full body shots. I'm also very happy with the focus... It works more reliable compared to my copy of the 42.5 which missed occasionally especially from a longer distance.

Here are a few test-shots I took yesterday. The first one I wanted to see the sharpness and focus abilities from a longer distance. Second one I wanted to see some for- and background-blur.

Last edited:

WT21

Super Moderator
I bought this lens a while ago to replace my 42.5mm 1.7. I wanted a little longer prime for outdoor shooting and head shoulder portraits between the 75mm and the 42.5 (to make it a little more versatile yet perfectly suitable for head&head/shoulder work) and this one fits right in. I love the IQ I get out of this lens. It's razor sharp @1.4. Even when taking full body shots. I'm also very happy with the focus... It works more reliable compared to my copy of the 42.5 which missed occasionally especially from a longer distance.
I agree. I also replaced my 42.5/1.7 with the Siggy. Though the 42.5 is certainly more compact, and it was a fine lens, the Siggy 56 just feels a step up, and of course the wider aperture helps.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom