1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 II DC EX HSM Canon EF

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by eteless, Jan 4, 2016.

1. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The older version (the size of the 40-150mm f2.8) with newer coatings, not the newer stabilized lens (the same size as Olympus 35-100mm f2.0). Cheap at twice the price :) 

Wide open at 150mm.
    P1050961-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Do people actually take pictures of birds wide open?

Wide open at 80mmish.
    P1050895-1.jpg

Just imagine that this is a person instead of a tree: one eye will be in focus, the other eye, both ears, and nose are going to be out of focus.

Wide open at 50mm
    P1050892-1.jpg
    Stick torture test, there's pretty heavy longitudinal CA seen as green fringing in the out of focus areas.

90mm ish stopped down to f/5.6
    P1050944-1.jpg

The limit to sharpness is going to be a combination of mirage due to it being a 40c day and me on my toes holding the camera up high in the air to get it above a tree (the key point to me was that I could actually do so, it's nice and small/light).

I think I'll keep it, it's not perfect optically however it's a pretty reasonable compromise given the price paid (USD$230).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    P1110293-1.jpg
    About 10 minutes after sunset, the light was rapidly fading. Handheld, 1/20th, f/4, ISO 800, 77mm(ish).

• Like Like x 3
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    P4010654-1.jpg

P4010599-1.jpg

Testing how slow I can go at 150mm resting it on a monopod without shake for web use (1/10th of a second, both had small amounts of blur but acceptable for web size). Anything slower wasn't viable, faster was almost universally boring due to lack of water movement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Doggy tax.

btobatp1.jpg

F/2.8 @ 58mm, a drippy nosed dog is happy, two drips means heaven.

btobatp2.jpg

F/2.0 @ 42mm, really needed to stop down a little but didn't... not being lazy and getting a larger reflector probably would have helped more (more reflected fill light would lower the contrast between shadow and direct sunlight...).

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.