1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 4/3 to Panasonic GF1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gorilla, Dec 11, 2010.

1. gorilla

gorilla Mu-43 Rookie

May 5, 2010
    Can any one tell me whether all of the auto focus functions are available on the GF1 when you use a Sigma 4/3 lens with either of the Panasonic lens adapters?

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi,
    I use a 4/3 mount Sigma 105mm, f/2.8 DG Macro lens on a Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor. This set up will not auto focus but will auto stop down. The same situation applies to the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 lens that I also have.

Barrie

3. panystac

panystac Mu-43 Regular

Sep 14, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    However, I have a Panasonic G2, and a Sigma 55-200mm lens, and with the Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor, it DOES AF, but it hunts before locking.

But I think it does prove the difference between the first generation (G1, GH1, GF1) and the second generation (G2, GH2, G10 & GF2).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.