Sigma 4/3 to Panasonic GF1

gorilla

Mu-43 Rookie
Can any one tell me whether all of the auto focus functions are available on the GF1 when you use a Sigma 4/3 lens with either of the Panasonic lens adapters?

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Can any one tell me whether all of the auto focus functions are available on the GF1 when you use a Sigma 4/3 lens with either of the Panasonic lens adapters?
Hi,
I use a 4/3 mount Sigma 105mm, f/2.8 DG Macro lens on a Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor. This set up will not auto focus but will auto stop down. The same situation applies to the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 lens that I also have.

Barrie

panystac

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,
I use a 4/3 mount Sigma 105mm, f/2.8 DG Macro lens on a Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor. This set up will not auto focus but will auto stop down. The same situation applies to the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 lens that I also have.

Barrie
However, I have a Panasonic G2, and a Sigma 55-200mm lens, and with the Panasonic DMW-MA1 mount adaptor, it DOES AF, but it hunts before locking.

But I think it does prove the difference between the first generation (G1, GH1, GF1) and the second generation (G2, GH2, G10 & GF2).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom