Showcase Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN

Kelton

Mu-43 Regular
I was gonna make this thread, just to see the pictures, but I wouldn't have had anything to post with the first post :p

sLorenzi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sidinei
This lens is good! Probably this will be my next lens. Like a lot the second photo BTW.

rich00

Mu-43 Veteran
I was gonna make this thread, just to see the pictures, but I wouldn't have had anything to post with the first post :p

I always made use of the image threads when I was looking for legacy lenses. So I saw the opportunity to start this one. There is a few I contributed in the sigma 19, which is another nice lens.

spatulaboy

I'm not really here
Real Name
Vin
This is a great lens for $199!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/vftsai/7154111080/" title="Lumix GF2 with Olympus 45mm 1.8 by Vincent-F-Tsai (Spatulaboy), on Flickr">
7154111080_a9e0a19650_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"640" height="480" alt="Lumix GF2 with Olympus 45mm 1.8"></a>

tflovik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tom Eirik
Hi!
This is the first time i post on this forum, i want to show one of my pictures taken with the Sigma 30mm and a GH-2 at f/4.
This taken on may 17 which is the national day in Norway.

P1010228.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andrew
aye mates!

i just got my sigma 30mm tonight (not more than 2hours ago) and as i was testing it here in my hotel room (hotel camera stores wont open the box unless you're certain to get the lens, so i did buy it and now testing it...

...i found out that the lens has a floating element inside (via internet)... the bad news is i was able to read anything about the lens taking a second to start up and display live view...

the next question is, is it normal that it takes a sec for the lens to display anything on the LCD (my lumix 14mm starts up instantly on any of my m43 cameras)... wanted to know if it is a problem so i can return it ASAP since im just a visiting tourist.

TIA

Andrew

tflovik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tom Eirik
It is normal that the Sigma lens takes a little time before you get an image in the display, nothing to worry about.

brutto

Mu-43 Veteran
Anyone got this lens and the 14-42mm II MSC R? I've only got the 17mm f2.8 for my E-P3 and can't make up my mind to go for the zoom or another prime. Both are about the same price in the UK. Does anyone see a real-world benefit with the Sigma?

rich00

Mu-43 Veteran
Anyone got this lens and the 14-42mm II MSC R? I've only got the 17mm f2.8 for my E-P3 and can't make up my mind to go for the zoom or another prime. Both are about the same price in the UK. Does anyone see a real-world benefit with the Sigma?

I've got the 14-42 kit lens and it sits in the drawer since I've bought the primes. Trying shooting at 30mm on the kit lens and see if you like the FOV.

Real Name
Andrew

IMage sharpness is miles apart and bokeh's nice. AF is faster too when compared mounted on an epl2. If you don't have the 25/1.4 or 20/1.7, this lens is a must have.

brutto

Mu-43 Veteran
I've got the 14-42 kit lens and it sits in the drawer since I've bought the primes. Trying shooting at 30mm on the kit lens and see if you like the FOV.

IMage sharpness is miles apart and bokeh's nice. AF is faster too when compared mounted on an epl2. If you don't have the 25/1.4 or 20/1.7, this lens is a must have.

Thanks Rich and Adubo. Rich, it's a good plan but I don't have a kit lens - I bought the E-P3 body-only as I already had the 17mm. But... I caved and ordered the siggy today. For the very small price it looks to be nice lens.

rich00

Mu-43 Veteran
Brutto,

For the price, you won't be disappointed with it. With the 14-42 I think 30mm is around f4.0. So you are gaining a few extra stops.

I would have liked the panny 25, but it was a bit beyond my reach so I went for the sigma 19 & 30 after selling some legacy glass. It became very cheap.

jim_khoo

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks to you, I'm 200usd lighter. LOL but it's worth it. Sharpness is great. I got it here in HK and enjoyed it so much, it replaced the legacy that I use almost everyday together with the 14.
LOL...
for the price, the siggies are hard to beat! :2thumbs:

Latest threads

Top Bottom