Showcase Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN

Henry01

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My main model :)

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Got out with mine, & shot a few test frames. My favourite kind of testing. Real world :)

Yeah, I do shoot people occasionally. Very occasionally

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
grzzzzz by speedync30, on Flickr

Dodge bro 2 by speedync30, on Flickr

DB23 by speedync30, on Flickr

rodda by speedync30, on Flickr

kids fun by speedync30, on Flickr

chopped4 by speedync30, on Flickr

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'd forgotten just how much I liked the 60mm (35mm film equivalent FOV) The diminutive little 40mm pancake on my 550D was the lens responsible for setting me off down the fixed focal length path, & I shot way more favorite pictures with it than I ever thought I did. Until I actually looked. The Siggy 30 may be its successor :)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My 30 & 56 are getting a lot of usage. Some more out of the 30

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Few more from Ford day.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Do I spy the Dartmoor sculptures in your first shot, possibly on your way to a car show in SW Victoria?
:) Corindhap, between Ballarat and Colac. Yeah, on my way home from a Rock and roll Street party/car show in Ballarat. Originally discovered them out riding my motorcycles in the area. Good place to give the throttle cables a good stretching, without too much worry of running into the long arm of the law :)

:) Corindhap, between Ballarat and Colac. Yeah, on my way home from a Rock and roll Street party/car show in Ballarat. Originally discovered them out riding my motorcycles in the area. Good place to give the throttle cables a good stretching, without too much worry of running into the long arm of the law :)
View attachment 803644
Looks like an interesting place to visit, I'm always interested in little towns off the main roads.

I've been interested in getting a Sigma 30/1.4 for a while - it seems more capable of getting the look I like, so I don't know why I don't already have one!

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Looks like an interesting place to visit, I'm always interested in little towns off the main roads.

I've been interested in getting a Sigma 30/1.4 for a while - it seems more capable of getting the look I like, so I don't know why I don't already have one!
Well, I wouldn't say it's a particularly interesting place to make a special trip to visit, but if you're passing by...…………………… You'd struggle to call it a town really, about 6 houses in relatively close-ish proximity, & a Hotel that unfortunately looks like it has closed down. shame as it was a little bit unique/different, a nice spot to stop on a ride for a pot & burger, or old fashioned pub fare.
You piqued my interest, I googled Dartmoor, & I'll now have to go take a look. The Princess Margaret Rose caves look like they're worth a look, as well as the chainsaw carvings I quite enjoy a little bit of a look around some of the older country towns too.

I'm really enjoying the Sigma 30. I'd forgotten just how much I like the 60mm equivalent field of view. I like it without realising it, I had the lovely little 40mm STM pancake on my APSC Canon, Adapted it to my EOSM as well, & was responsible for a great number of my favorite shots. I do seem to be attracted to some of the more unusual focal lengths though. The Sigma is a little bit soft wide open @ f/1.4, & can display quite a bit of CA. I actually don't mind that, less so as I get older, & just think of it as character :) It seems to AF just as well as native Panasonic lenses, if there is any difference in speed/accuracy, they're not noticeable in general shooting. I picked mine up brand new from Amazon Au back in November in a Black Friday sale, for $367 Au. Which is an absolute bargain I thought. Which is precisely why I grabbed it. Cheers

Well, I wouldn't say it's a particularly interesting place to make a special trip to visit, but if you're passing by...…………………… You'd struggle to call it a town really, about 6 houses in relatively close-ish proximity, & a Hotel that unfortunately looks like it has closed down. shame as it was a little bit unique/different, a nice spot to stop on a ride for a pot & burger, or old fashioned pub fare.
You piqued my interest, I googled Dartmoor, & I'll now have to go take a look. The Princess Margaret Rose caves look like they're worth a look, as well as the chainsaw carvings I quite enjoy a little bit of a look around some of the older country towns too.

I'm really enjoying the Sigma 30. I'd forgotten just how much I like the 60mm equivalent field of view. I like it without realising it, I had the lovely little 40mm STM pancake on my APSC Canon, Adapted it to my EOSM as well, & was responsible for a great number of my favorite shots. I do seem to be attracted to some of the more unusual focal lengths though. The Sigma is a little bit soft wide open @ f/1.4, & can display quite a bit of CA. I actually don't mind that, less so as I get older, & just think of it as character :) It seems to AF just as well as native Panasonic lenses, if there is any difference in speed/accuracy, they're not noticeable in general shooting. I picked mine up brand new from Amazon Au back in November in a Black Friday sale, for $367 Au. Which is an absolute bargain I thought. Which is precisely why I grabbed it. Cheers
I'd love to get the trio, they have a distinctly different look to the O and P lenses, and buying them together probably makes a lot of sense.

Little towns have such gold to be mined, but it's so easy to forget to sift through them when passing from A to B.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Chrysler day yesterday. They've changed venues this year, not so picturesque as where they used to have it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom