1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sigma 30mm 1.4 (canon mount) on m4/3?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hazwing, Jan 26, 2013.

1. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I've been trying to sell this lens on forums for a little while now. However, since the sigma 35 has come out, I've noticed the price on this lens has dropped alot. To the point where I'm not sure if I'm keen to sell it, or I might wait a little while longer to sell it.

In the mean time, I'm wondering is it possible to get an adaptor that allows me to use this in m43 and be able to change the aperture?

Note, this lens is meant for crop sensors only. I believe it can be used with FF but there will be vignetting.

2. mgear

mgear Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 1, 2013
    Eustis, Fl
    Sean Matt
    There is an adapter that lets you use everthing, but it's kinda expensive.

I'd wait for the Metabones Speedbooster to come out for M4/3. It will condense the imaging circle to make it 30mm on our sensors (If I'm not mistaken) and it does support AF and all that fancy stuff.

3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    nevermind I ended up selling it for a reasonable price

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

First off the lens is a 30mm and will always be a 30mm. The speedbooster will change the angle of view not the focal length. That being said the crop factor of the speedbooster is .7. So that 30mm's angle of view would be changed to what a 21mm's would be. Factor in the 2x crop factor of m4/3 and the angle of view would be similar to a 42mm on a FF camera.
    Second the AF is not fully supported and only works on some Canon lenses. From what I have read it does not work at all with 3rd party lenses! They also say that the AF is horribly slow and not always accurate. But it does allow for full aperture control.

If I were you I would just go ahead and sell the 30mm and get as much as you can for it.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Good for you! Now go buy some m4/3 lenses!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Only if you insist! :biggrin:

7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Fixed the mistype :tongue:

8. mgear

mgear Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 1, 2013
    Eustis, Fl
    Sean Matt

I'm just going off the video that Adam Savage made on it.