Sigma 19mm and 30mm Prime Lenses In Stock at Unique Photo for $99 Each!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    B&H has been selling the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 and 30mm f/2.8 lenses as a pair for $199.99.

Now Unique Photo is selling them separately for $99 each. Both are in stock at the time of this writing. Free shipping (tax in <strike>NY</strike > NJ).

Please click this affiliate link to get to Unique Photo so we can get a bit of credit for the referral.

Remarkable prices for these lenses.

[Thanks Roger]

• Like Like x 1
  2. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Crazy deal. Bought two 30mm. Great impulse buy. Their shipping to Canada is even reasonable, but I sent two to a relative in the USA for free.

3. JLphoto

JLphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    San Francisco/Marin County
    Jack
    BH has stopped the two lens deal. I don't know if they will restart it or not. Was thinking about geting both from BH, but will probably get just the 30mm from unique photo now that the BH deal is over.

4. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    I bought 19/2.8 mm for 107 euros instead of 17/1.8 for 499 euros and getting similar results. Reviewers say it has a long start up time but my piece even starts as fast as I am. This has to be some kind of cheat, but I'm not getting where it is ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My 30mm takes a tiny bit longer to start than my Olympus lenses but about the same as my Panasonic ones. Of coarse we are talking the difference between a 1 second start and a 1.5 second start!

I am tempted to go ahead and get a 19mm but I will wait. Interested to find out more about the updated versions including their prices. I have the Panasonic 20mm so I have that focal length covered.

6. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I've been dealing with Unique Photo since 1999. (great to deal with) They are in NJ and do not collect sales tax on purchases from NY residents.

For $99 I couldn't resist the 30/2.8.

7. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    Do you think there is going to be any quality improvements picture wise to the new ones coming out, because I'm thinking these for $99 is too good to pass up

8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The optical specs are exactly the same! I bet the changes are in the barrel design only. From what I understand the new lenses can have firmware upgrades. There is a rumor that they will be weather sealed but I doubt that, hope it is true though.

9. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    My 30's on the way from Unique. I really like my 19 and am looking forward to using the 30.

10. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    The press release does not mention weather sealing.

11. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Almost tempted to get the one, but I am not sure what use the 30mm has. I have the 14mm prime so the 19mm is a bit close. Does the 30mm offer a closer focus than the kit 14-42mm or 14mm prime? Would it be good for street shooting?

12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well its defiantly much faster and sharper than the Kit lens is at 30mm.
    That is something to consider; try looking at all your photos which were shot with the kit lens and see how often you use a Focal length around 30mm..

13. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Well that sort of depends on the camera. With my GF3 the 14mm prime is pretty much glued on. G2 is a different story. I slept on it, and kind of want to sell the 14-42mm to get get this and simplify things more. And at this price you really can't go wrong with the 30mm, or even the 19mm. Now only if they can bring out a sharp f2.5 macro for $125.

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

It does not seem to be there anymore.. A search of the site turns up the lenses selling for 149 each.

15. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    And it now says they are out of stock. That explains the price rise.

16. JLphoto

JLphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Jack
    You can still get them both in a bundle for $199 on Adorama

UPDATE:
    THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TOGETHER AT THAT PRICE

17. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

well .. that was fast.

18. JLphoto

JLphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Jack
  19. JLphoto

JLphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Jack
  20. jolieteddie

jolieteddie Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 9, 2012
    two for $199

Just ordered and received shipment notice from Adorama for the two lens deal at $199. Put this off for some time, but after deciding to also pick up a GX1 while they were on sale, I just couldn't resist this Sigma package.