1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6mm

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by David Tait, Aug 27, 2011.

1. David Tait

David Tait Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    DekHog initially got me interested in the Sigma 10-20 4-5.6mm UWA earlier this week in one of the other forums here. I located one within 24 hours, and initial results have been very pleasing.

NO visible CA in the usual places like foliage or cables or edges of buildings. It's not the sharpest lens I ever had, with less sharpness obvious at the edges of scape type shots. However I bought it for inside use, where it seems fine, and for blurring clouds/water. It also seems pretty good as a general lens for street photography with that wide angle able to give another slant on a take. ( ahem )

Anyway, I have a very colourful bridge near me that attracts me again and again. A bonus of a cloudy sky seemed to be telling me go there again.

Canon 60D Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 EX DC

Niks color efex pro was used give this more effect. But, that Sigma gave me a number of all important keepers which was my starting point.

TY DekHog for drawing my attention to the "Siggy"

Attached Files:

2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I half wonder if a 4/3 Sigma 10-20 might be a decent lens on an EP2, I know its massive as its likely the AF will be dire but it doesn't really matter so much with this type of lens.

3. David Tait

David Tait Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    In due course!

I'll get around to using the Siggy on my E-P2 in due course. But, it's firmly fixed to the 60D for now. Sadly, I forsee horrific noise issues with the Oly though in a shot like this.

4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Glad you like it, David, I'd have hated for it to have been a real stinker, but the stunning image you just showed taken with it makes me a very happy man! :biggrin:

Put it on m43? Not for me, but I'm sure some people will (Chris!) :rolleyes:

5. David Tait

David Tait Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    Overcooked?

Taken today with the Sigma 20mm. Treated in Niks Color Efex Pro. Overcooked perhaps?

6. David Tait

David Tait Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    And another.

White blooms in front of a small park pavilion in Fuzhou.

Canon 60D. Sigma 10-20 mm 4-5.6

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    David. Yeah, not too sure what you did with the first one, but I can't say it does anything for me. A nice enough scene, but the PP has made it look a bit insipid.

The second is a beautiful scene - I would have like to have seen you get down to the level of the flowers, with the first flower only inches from the front of the lens and using the huge DOF available to get everything in focus. You really need to get down and dirty (literally) to get the best from these lenses...

Looks like a beautiful place to be.... lucky man.