1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Shutter release for em-5.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Exposed, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    So, I am looking to try some timelapse with my em-5. Looks like it is possible using the high speed Anti-Shock mode and locking down the shutter. My options are a rubber band to hold the shutter button down, or a release. I have been reading on wired and wireless options online and on mu-43. I am still not sure, so what I am looking for is a release that will lock the release button down so it will work as if the shutter button is held down and also do one shot at a time.

Wireless would be nice so if I want to use it for other things, I can.

Any thoughts?

Randy

2. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Tyrphoto, I was looking at that one but could not tell if it had the option of locking down the button. I know the wired release that Olympus makes says that the button is lockable.

Thoughts?

Randy

3. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
  4. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Thank you for the info. Having to hold the button down is what I am trying to avoid. Some timelapse can run 30-60 minutes. Again, thank you.

Randy

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland
    When the mode is set to M you can use Live Time. The first press of the button opens the shutter and the second closes it. See P. 59 in the English manual. You can watch the image develop on the rear screen or not, as you wish.

6. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I have the Hahnel Giga T pro II, but it has a voltage leak, so the batteries die quickly even when turned off. No answer from support.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Try the Aputure CoWorker Pro - I've had one since 2010 and it is quite often. You can use wirelessly (RF) or wired and lock the shutter open.

8. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA