1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shutter Lag on EM5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tl1234, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tl1234

tl1234 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Hi I'm experiencing some shutter lag my EM5. It captures the image seemingly right before the shutter closes and it takes a while from the first sound (opening) and the close. Is this because of a setting? Or is it because I only took at class 4 SD card? Happens even on S mode when shutter speed is high

2. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    This has not happened before? I think you enabled the shutter delay. Forgot in which settings though. Will look for it and get back to you.

Tapatalk.

3. justin4192

justin4192 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Fairfax, VA, USA
    Check your anti-shock setting. Go to: Menu - Gear E - bottom setting is Anti-Shock. Make sure that is off. That's probably what ice_man was also thinking.

4. tl1234

tl1234 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Guys it was the anti-shock. Thanks for helping saved a great weekend for taking photos! I wasn't sure what that function was for and switched it on for PASM settings. I shot in auto until it fixed the problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.