1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shutter Count on New GH4

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by w7ox, May 23, 2014.

1. w7ox

w7ox Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    Phil Wheeler
    I received my new GH4 today. I used the Service Menu (same as on GH2 and GH3) to check history. I got 27 power cycles and 34 shutter actuations.

34 shutter actuations (well, really 33 since I had to get an image on the SD card to use the menu) seems low for someone using the camera and then deciding to return it. And so far I seen nothing wrong with this unit.

Have any of you with a GH4 done a similar check? And otherwise, what are your thoughts?

2. jurgen

jurgen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    That sounds like a new camera to me. They all go through multiple phases of QA testing/pixel mapping/etc. at the factory before being shipped out.

3. w7ox

w7ox Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    Phil Wheeler
    Thanks, Jurgen. That makes sense, and I can find nothing amiss with the camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.