1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Shueido Taiwan

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sjohnsonjd, Sep 4, 2013.

1. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Has anyone ever dealt with a company called Shueido on eBay? They are selling a camera that I want at a reasonable price, however they are in Taiwan. They have excellent reviews, but I wonder if I can trust them?

2. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    I've purchased a Fuji X-E1 body from them recently, no problems. But where I live we don't pay any taxes on purchases below 1000 euro from abroad so it kinda makes sense to shop internationally looking for the lowest prices. If you're from one of those countries that tax all the packages coming across the border then buying from a Taiwanese store might not be your best option.

3. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    I live in California. I know that there will be taxes. I would just like to know if the company is reputable.

4. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    Well, they've been registered on ebay for 11+ years with close to 16000 feedback ratings, 99.4% of which is positive. That says a lot more about their reputation than anyone else here would tell you. :smile: Just watch out for those taxes; how much are those anyway in California?

I guess it's in the wrong sub-forum by the way, has nothing to do with Olympus cameras. :smile: Should be in "Open Discussion" or something.

5. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Taxes are around 8%, but what about import fees? Duties? I have asked them and they do not seem to have a good answer.

6. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I have shipped quite a few stuff (camera, lenses and other accessories) to the US already and apparently there are no import taxes for some items in the USA.

I have shipped a tripod and accessories to CA for about $850 and no tax as well. I am not sure how much is the item that you are thinking of buying though.

7. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Around $1350.

8. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    They just can't know the fees for every country/state, especially considering that those change from time to time and depend on many factors like whether you buy as an individual or a company etc. All ebay sellers just state that taxes/fees/duties are the buyers responsibility. Try calling your customs and ask them how much you'll have to pay on top of the price of goods+shipping.

9. vario

vario New to Mu-43

Aug 16, 2013
    Not only should you not pay taxes on it, you will not pay duty either. I purchase stuff from all over China, Taiwan, HongKong, and never pay a dime in the US.

10. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Lovin what vario just said. I am going to send an order for my camera soon!

11. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'm sure that's true for something that costs a few dollars, or even a few hundred dollars. But I am NOT sure it's true for something that costs over $1000. I believe that the limit for something to be free of import duties is $400.

12. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I've bought 3 12-35's and one 35-100 from Japan. Not a nickel in import duties. They were all sent EMS and arrived thru USPS.

13. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Good to know. Currently, Shueido seems to have the best price on the combo of an E-P5 and VF-4

14. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    The big disadvantage is lack of warranty. However, most sellers from the East are willing to accommodate your warranty if you send it back to them. I think this is a Panasonic issue, but I can't say for sure as I haven't had warranty issues. Oly is supposed to be honored worldwide.

15. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I bought EPl2 and EPL3 from them and they are quite good . Make sure camera has menu in English as well

16. cfugle

cfugle Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2013
    Quebec
    Christopher
    I purchased a Pentax K-7, 18-55mm WR zoom lens and all came quickly without issue and was very well packaged for an across the globe trip.

17. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    So when did you by this?

18. sjohnsonjd

sjohnsonjd Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Does anyone ever pay duties when shipping from overseas?

19. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    From here in Japan, via EMS, there is nothing else to pay except shipping cost and insurance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

20. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    Always in the UK. No free rides anymore.