Showcase: Astrophotography

AG_Alex2097

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alex S.
There's not too much light pollution in that shot, you can try going for a longer exposure time and considering a composite image instead, a long exposure for the comet and multiple stacked shorter exposures of the sky (to keep the round starts), I'm sure you can do it :)
Keep the moon in mind when going to shoot though, although looking for your location, you should be fine past midnight (probably fine at 11:30 too if you can't make it too late)

Here's my attempt:
50160765356_f9ee86f1d9_c.jpg
C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE)
by Alex Schmitt, on Flickr

I need to move to a place without light pollution, I always envy the clear dark skies of others :D

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
There's not too much light pollution in that shot, you can try going for a longer exposure time and considering a composite image instead, a long exposure for the comet and multiple stacked shorter exposures of the sky (to keep the round starts), I'm sure you can do it :)
Keep the moon in mind when going to shoot though, although looking for your location, you should be fine past midnight (probably fine at 11:30 too if you can't make it too late)
Many thanks for your answer. I mean there was just too bad contrast of the comet. Should have tried a week earlier. I have brighter shots but there you can hardly see the tail at all. I can't brighten that one either or adjust contrast locally or something, there are just nothing to get in the details there. But I will try milky way next time! That one would be awesome to get a nice shot at, and easier to locate :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom