Show your film cameras

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
My film cameras aren't nearly as old as Andy's....the two Olympus still work but the Pentax has unfortunately died.
P1090223.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OM20 with Tokina 80-20mm
P1090224.JPG

Pentax Auto110 with 70mm
P7081119.JPG
Olympus Stylus Infinity Zoom140

Last edited:

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I have the same Baby Brownie - minus the paperwork and packaging though. I've yet to take a picture with it...have you used yours much? If so, any advice?
Good news, B&H finally shipped the 127 Rerapan 100 I ordered just before Christmas. I am guessing it will show up this weekend and I hope to load and shoot a roll of it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know this stuff is basically 120 cut down. Very sensitive to light and needs to be loaded in and out of the camera in a dim room.

My camera has a metal spool the last owner left in it. These are becoming harder to find and it's recommended that you ask for them back if you send the film in for developing. I am going to develop it myself, so will use it as the take up spool and then retire it and use the plastic ones that come with the film going forward.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
My kindly neighbour passed this on to me last year.
Minox 01.jpg
Minox 02.jpg

After a bit of a search, we managed to track down a suitable replacement battery and I had a spare roll of Ilford FP4+ film.
I wasn't taking too much time taking the photos as I was concentrating on my new (used ) E-M5 Mk2 instead.
I rattled the film off and when I got the film processed I just asked for small scanned images.
However, I'm pleasantly surprised at the image quality when I did get the exposure and focus correct.
Here's the best of the bunch:
000216440019.jpg
000216440024.jpg
000216440029.jpg

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
My kindly neighbour passed this on to me last year. View attachment 868386 View attachment 868387

After a bit of a search, we managed to track down a suitable replacement battery and I had a spare roll of Ilford FP4+ film.
I wasn't taking too much time taking the photos as I was concentrating on my new (used ) E-M5 Mk2 instead.
I rattled the film off and when I got the film processed I just asked for small scanned images.
However, I'm pleasantly surprised at the image quality when I did get the exposure and focus correct.
Here's the best of the bunch:
View attachment 868388 View attachment 868389 View attachment 868390
The dinosaur shot is really sharp!

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Picked up these Kodaks tonight, $20 for the pair. Both are in great shape and both function. Going to clean them up and get some film. The pseudo TLR Duoflex has a cool Art Deco vibe. This is a first version US model, built between 1947 and 1950. The Brownie Hawkeye Flash was built from 1950 through 1961. Both were made to shoot 620 but will shoot 120 if you have a 620 take-up spool. Fortunately there's one in each camera.

Kodaks.jpg

andy darbyshire

Mu-43 Regular
P1150003.JPG
this is part of my collection of vintage film cameras. Sadly there seems to be very little interest in them nowadays.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
View attachment 868669 this is part of my collection of vintage film cameras. Sadly there seems to be very little interest in them nowadays.
Nice! As I was asked in another thread, do you use them or do they collect dust? 620 and 127 are both available again, although they cost about twice what you'll pay for 35 and 120. Right now I'm on a kick, but I want to try and shoot a couple rolls per month going forward.

I'm on the hunt for a good Argus Argoflex. I have a C3 like yours, full kit with the flash gun and paperwork.

andy darbyshire

Mu-43 Regular
thanks for comments Panolyman, yes I have another 6 or so all collected over the years and includes a lovely Kodak wooden developing tank, pic attatched also of some very old exposure meters
no 03 watkins bee meter.jpg
no 01 kodak dev tank.jpg
no 06  diaphot extinction meter.jpg

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
thanks for comments Panolyman, yes I have another 6 or so all collected over the years and includes a lovely Kodak wooden developing tank, pic attatched also of some very old exposure meters View attachment 868702 View attachment 868703 View attachment 868704
I bought one of the Watkins Bee Meters a couple of years ago after I stumbled upon the house Alfred once lived in, in Hereford.
I'd never heard of the chap but did some research into him and was fascinated by his story.
That Kodak box is a nice piece of craftsmanship - I've got a similar box from when I worked for British Telecom, which used to house wet cell batteries.
I'm sure there are quite a few people who would love to have a collection such as yours.
Thanks for sharing.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I started with an ilford sportsman, then on being posted to Singapore in 1959, I bought an Agfa Ambi Silette, the my first SLR a Yashica Pentamatic View attachment 867507 View attachment 867508 View attachment 867509
Love that Ambi Silette! Do you have any other lenses, besides the 50 mm?

And, as a counter offer to your Sportsman, I give you the Halina 35X (early model):

FV5_0885-01.jpeg

Isis the Cat thinks I'm stupid. But this is actually my second 35X. The first one, with original box, had a non working 2 blade leaf shutter. This copy has a functional shutter. But no "Leica look alike" red dot.
I'll be transplanting that from my first 35X.

FV5_0879-01.jpeg

FV5_0882-01.jpeg

The Halina 35X is a viewfinder camera made by Haking in British Hong Kong. It is a copy of the Ranger 35 made by Nihon Seiki. It's quite compact but heavy. The camera's back and its bottom are one part which has to be removed for loading a film. The shutter has to be cocked before each exposure with a lever on the side of the lens. On the bottom the camera has the imprint "Empire made" (ones marked "MADE IN HONG KONG" exist too (EDIT: both of mine are "Made in Hong Kong")). Haking produced the 35X for its own brand Halina and for the brands Micronta and Sunscope.

Type: viewfinder camera
Year of launch: 1959
Film: 35mm
Lens: f:3.5/45mm Halina Anastigmat (triplet, front and rear elements single coated, middle element uncoated). Flare cornucopia!
Shutter: 1/25-1/200 seconds plus B.
Aperture: f:3.5-f:16 marked. But it goes to at least f:22 (unmarked on aperture ring).
Filter size: accepts A36 (36mm) clamp-on filters (same as collapsible Elmar etc.).

Quote from:
https://camerapedia.fandom.com/wiki/Halina_35X

Other interesting stuff:
https://kosmofoto.com/2018/02/kosmopedia-halina-35x/

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Yes. It was my first camera, at age 14 or so. Lens could have been better, but it was all I could afford at the time. Took some good pics, though.
And mine was the AGFA Isoly! I might have been 11 years old, or thereabouts. But I didn't have to pay!
It was a gift from the Old Ones. Yes, I was a spoilt kid!

Agfa Isoly 01-01.jpeg

But I would gladly have swapped it for your 35X! My first camera that I paid with my own (aka. real) money was the Zenit 3M. I must have been 15 years or so. It's hard to remember precisely.
It wasn't exactly yesterday... ?

Last edited:

andy darbyshire

Mu-43 Regular
sadly I don't have any other lenses for my Ambi Silette. I have always thought theyt were a clever and great design, also they took great photos

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
1926 Kodak Vest Pocket Autographic. Shutter is sticky so I'll need to take it apart, but the bellows is 100%. I can't even find a pinhole. I think it may have been replaced at some point. The stylus to write on the film is still there.

50857458078_c979ba41e0_z.jpg
DSC05215 (2) by telecast, on Flickr

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Minolta Ve(tis S-1
FV5_0918-01.jpeg
FV5_0917-01.jpeg
FV5_0916-01.jpeg
FV5_0915-01.jpeg

Latest threads

Top Bottom