Show Your Bridges

Ripley Reads

New to Mu-43
Our Great Lakes Port. It's the grey season here. So used the "Dramatic Filter". SOOC.
5EM72697.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
5EM72695.JPG

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
20121196lca1.jpg

Last edited:

Olympist

Mu-43 Veteran
Suvantosilta, Joensuu, Finland
1611325428758.jpeg

Last edited:

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
Bridge of Sines . . .
P1030787a.LOGO.BridgeOfSine.png

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Tahkenitch Lake on the Oregon coast has several old trestles, including one with a turntable for allowing larger boats to pass through. I would like to have gotten a better perspective, but I was at the mercy of my brother as he navigated our duck hunting boat. Also, it was pouring down rain so I wasn't about to swap lenses for something wider. Maybe next time...
_1319865.jpg

Pretty sure you need to be current on your tetanus vaccination just to go near this thing...
_1319862.jpg

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Tahkenitch Lake on the Oregon coast has several old trestles, including one with a turntable for allowing larger boats to pass through. I would like to have gotten a better perspective, but I was at the mercy of my brother as he navigated our duck hunting boat. Also, it was pouring down rain so I wasn't about to swap lenses for something wider. Maybe next time...
View attachment 871629
Pretty sure you need to be current on your tetanus vaccination just to go near this thing...
View attachment 871628
Wonderful lens, Paul.

Lovely photos of the bridge.

You really need lots of DEET to keep the metal moths from eating you alive ... :rofl: .

Seriously, is that still in use? The steel is delaminating in all sorts of pretty important places!

Real Name
Paul
Thanks, John :) The trestle itself is still in use; it's on the rail line between Eugene and Coos Bay Oregon, and primarily ships timber and lumber. There's over 6200 ft of pile trestle on the lake, and a few thousand more feet on adjacent Siltcoos Lake. I can't imagine the turntable still works, and it probably doesn't have a need any more as pleasure craft can easily fit underneath it. Back in the day I think there was some barge traffic for timber and coal. These coastal lakes are stunningly beautiful, and you can hear the roar of the ocean a mile or so away.

Sawdust

Mu-43 Tourist
Real Name
Carroll
Deer Creek Bridge just south of Clinton, Missouri.

Bridge is in Flood plain of Truman Lake, and I have seen the lake flood water level over this bridge frequently. Road is used by Farmers and Rural residents as a short cut to Clinton from the Southeast. Popular spot for fishing when the water is at the right height.

Rural_Bridge.jpg

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
20121541lca.jpg

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
33112118198_af16e548c5_h.jpg

Arquejols Viaduct on Approach - Arquejols - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-07 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Mademoiselle Anne approaching the Arquejols viaduct on a warm French summer's day. The viaduct is part of the now disused Le Puy to Langogne railway line. Passenger traffic ceased on the line in 1939 and freight traffic came to an end in 1988.

The Chemin de Stevenson passes below the viaduct before ascending a steep track to a point above the railway line.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Real Name
Brian
My wife and I were riding our tandem and approached this beautiful Grade II listed wooden toll bridge across the Mawddach river at Penmaenpool in mid-Wales.
The toll-keeper rushed out of his cottage, flagged us down and told us that he would have to charge us double, as there were two people on board. We were about to enquire how much it cost, when he smiled and said he was only joking, as there was only a fee for motorised traffic.

1205-30 Penmaenpool.jpg

The Eternal Novice

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Thomas
Former railway bridge between Horsens and Odder i Denmark.
The railway that the bridge was built for closed in march 1969.

P2242976.jpg

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
20122305lca-s.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Brian
Llanrwst bridge, over the river Conwy, North Wales.
Reputed to date from the early 1600's.
Looking east:
1504-050 Llanrwst bridge..jpg

Looking west:
1504-106 Llanrwst bridge..jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom