Show Your Bridges

Seahawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Wiesen viaduct, Switzerland, (also posted in the railroad thread).
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Bridge number 42 on the Sutton Park line - a freight only railway.

Borrowed a 12-100 to play with this weekend.

Seahawk

Mu-43 Veteran

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Bridge over the Arno, Firenze, Italy, called "Ponte Vecchio".

as seen from the South:

P9017833.jpg

as seen from the Nortth:

P9017854.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Jean
Here are a few of my favorite bridges;

Sarnia Ontario, Canada. The Bluewater bridge to Port Huron Michigan, U.S.

Pont du Gard is an ancient Roman aqueduct bridge built in the first century AD to carry water over 50 km (31 mi) to the Roman colony of Nemausus (Nîmes).[4] It crosses the river Gardon near the town of Vers-Pont-du-Gard in southern France.

The Ponte Vecchio ("Old Bridge", is a medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River, in Florence, Italy

Bridge in Carcassonne is located in the plain of the Aude between historic trade routes, linking the Atlantic to the Mediterranean Sea and the Massif Central to the Pyrénées.

Bridge in Mennonite country (Waterloo Ontario, Canada)

Bridge from the 1000 Island park (Ontario, Canada) to Hill Island and from there to the U.S.

The Dom Luís I Bridge is a double-deck metal arch bridge that spans the River Douro between the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia in Portugal

The Charles Bridge is a historic bridge that crosses the Vltava river in Prague, Czech Republic. Its construction started in 1357 under the auspices of King Charles IV, and finished in the beginning of the 15th century.

The Széchenyi Chain Bridge is a chain bridge that spans the River Danube between Buda and Pest, the western and eastern sides of Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Designed by English engineer William Tierney Clark and built by Scottish engineer Adam Clark, it was the first permanent bridge across the Danube in Hungary.

Cheers!

Seahawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Schloss Ort, on the Traunsee in Austria, is connected to the shore by a footbridge.

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Here are a few of my favorite bridges;

Sarnia Ontario, Canada. The Bluewater bridge to Port Huron Michigan, U.S.
View attachment 850632

Pont du Gard is an ancient Roman aqueduct bridge built in the first century AD to carry water over 50 km (31 mi) to the Roman colony of Nemausus (Nîmes).[4] It crosses the river Gardon near the town of Vers-Pont-du-Gard in southern France.
View attachment 850633

The Ponte Vecchio ("Old Bridge", is a medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River, in Florence, Italy
View attachment 850634

Bridge in Carcassonne is located in the plain of the Aude between historic trade routes, linking the Atlantic to the Mediterranean Sea and the Massif Central to the Pyrénées.
View attachment 850635

Bridge in Mennonite country (Waterloo Ontario, Canada)
View attachment 850636

Bridge from the 1000 Island park (Ontario, Canada) to Hill Island and from there to the U.S.
View attachment 850637

The Dom Luís I Bridge is a double-deck metal arch bridge that spans the River Douro between the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia in Portugal
View attachment 850638

The Charles Bridge is a historic bridge that crosses the Vltava river in Prague, Czech Republic. Its construction started in 1357 under the auspices of King Charles IV, and finished in the beginning of the 15th century.
View attachment 850639

The Széchenyi Chain Bridge is a chain bridge that spans the River Danube between Buda and Pest, the western and eastern sides of Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Designed by English engineer William Tierney Clark and built by Scottish engineer Adam Clark, it was the first permanent bridge across the Danube in Hungary.
View attachment 850640

Cheers!
Jean I appreciate these, thanks for sharing.
Interesting series and well photographed and commented on.
I've spent a lot of time around bridges and enjoy seeing others.

Real Name
Jean
Jean I appreciate these, thanks for sharing.
Interesting series and well photographed and commented on.
I've spent a lot of time around bridges and enjoy seeing others.
Thank you Richard,
I got a a bit excitted when I started looking for my bridge pictures to contribute and threw them all in :)

I should have credited Wikipedia for the descriptions of the bridges. I like to have some background info to help contextualise the setting of the photos I look at ... so I try to add an additional dimesion to the photos I post.

Thank you again.

MonikaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Monika

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
The above from @MonikaO reminded me of this one (nowadays half-bridge, to be precise):

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom