Show your aircraft photos!

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
Continuing on with some aircraft photos also involves my wife. She was a photographer for the Air National Guard (civilian) and was on the airbase often for flights and photos. Her hardest was the day the B-1 airplanes were reassigned from McConnell AFB to Whiteman AFB. There was a firestorm over the movement and I guess Missouri had more political pull than Kansas and the transfer was ordered. On the last day, the planes were all primed up and the guardsmen and airmen were somber and very sad. I did not get a shot of the final salute as the last plane left but here is the series as the last one left McConnell.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NACEOD

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Rob
The Commemorative Air Force was flying around last week. The B-25 shot was blind luck. I didn't even know the moon was still up.
P5163764_edited.jpeg
P5133741.jpg
P5163782.jpg

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
Last day at Historic Flight. After many years at Paine Field, the Historic Flight Foundation is closing its doors. The new facility at Felts Field in Spokane will be home to the aircraft collection. I will miss being a volunteer docent and working with all of the great people and magnificent vintage aircraft.

Real Name
Martin
Having a bit of time on my hands in recent weeks, I have gone back over some of my images and tried applying a selenium tone (Nik Collection - which I like, but might not be to everyone's taste): feedback appreciated.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
In practicing my photo restoration skills, I unearthed a couple of 6x4s from around 1982. Both shot at Birmingham Airport before they acquired the new terminal and nervous security people.

British Midland Airways Boeing 707-338C G-BFLD

707_scan.jpg

British Midland Airways Fokker F-27 Friendship G-BMAE

BMA_herald_working.jpg

Pentax ME Super, Hanimex 70-210mm f4.5.

Last edited:

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Having a bit of time on my hands in recent weeks, I have gone back over some of my images and tried applying a selenium tone (Nik Collection - which I like, but might not be to everyone's taste): feedback appreciated.

View attachment 832809
🛩Great shot Martin, but I can still see a bit of the original red poking through......................

Real Name
Martin
In practicing my photo restoration skills, I unearthed a couple of 6x4s from around 1982. Both shot at Birmingham Airport before they acquired the new terminal and nervous security people.

British Midland Airways Boeing 707-338C G-BFLD

View attachment 832870

British Midland Airways Handley Page Herald G-BMAE

View attachment 832872

Pentax ME Super, Hanimex 70-210mm f4.5.
Wow! Great shot, Richard.

NACEOD

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Rob
B-52s at Pima Air and S[ace Museum, April 2019
View attachment 832520pima-10 by Andy Cripps, on Flickr
View attachment 832521pima-9 by Andy Cripps, on Flickr
View attachment 832522pima-8 by Andy Cripps, on Flickr
I was there a couple weeks ago when they reopened. Maybe saw 30 people there. In addition to the planes we got to see 2 groups getting documentary interviews and footage using Red video cameras with monster lenses. Another person was recording a verbal history with a Colonel that flew F-84's.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom