Show your aircraft photos!

WRay

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ray
Some Migs
Mig2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Mig3.jpg
Mig4.jpg
Mig1.jpg

Found this shot while looking at some older photos. Taken in 2017

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Got a few shots from Friday's flyover. Nothing very good, but FWIW here's a couple of them

T-38 (1 of 1).jpg

These are T-38s, a fighter trainer. My wife is the engineering supervisor for the J85 engine, which is what's powering these. :)

C-17-Gold-Dome (1 of 1).jpg

You can just barely make it out, but there's a C-17 cargo plane approaching over the Gold Dome (one of OKC's landmark buildings)

C-17-test (4 of 1).jpg

C-17-test (2 of 1).jpg
C-17-test (3 of 1).jpg

Three somewhat closer shots of C-17s

KC-46-test (1 of 1).jpg

Finally, a KC-46, the new tanker

All of these are heavy crops, so the quality isn't great.

Last edited:

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Normally boring commercial flight. However, it occurred to me as he was flying over that I haven't seen many commercial flights in the air lately. So in that context I present you with an exciting commercial flight.

Real Name
Mel
Unfortunately, these planes were doing a flyover to honor all the hospitals, doctors, and staff fighting the Corona Virus. The flight of three tankers from McConnell AFB came roaring over around 10:30 am this morning followed by our special local wonder, the B-29 named Doc who resides at his own hangar at the Air Museum. There were two jet tankers with 2 engines and one with 4 and then the prop job which is the star wherever it goes. For years, our base was a base for the B-1 bombers and my wife was the photographer for the Air National Guard. She has lots of pictures of them leaving this base to go to another and the sorrow the airmen felt was palpable. Once when the B-1B was doing a bombing run about 90 miles away, she was in her car going home when as a joke, a B-1 bussed over her and hit the afterburner scaring the crap out of her. She even got to go inside and was supposed to do a re-fuel photoshoot but then all the bad stuff with security happened at that was no more. She is much more adventuresome than I and has flown in a bi-plane which was doing dives and rolls while she was photographing it, In any event, here are the stars today.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Unfortunately, these planes were doing a flyover to honor all the hospitals, doctors, and staff fighting the Corona Virus. The flight of three tankers from McConnell AFB came roaring over around 10:30 am this morning followed by our special local wonder, the B-29 named Doc who resides at his own hangar at the Air Museum. There were two jet tankers with 2 engines and one with 4 and then the prop job which is the star wherever it goes. For years, our base was a base for the B-1 bombers and my wife was the photographer for the Air National Guard. She has lots of pictures of them leaving this base to go to another and the sorrow the airmen felt was palpable. Once when the B-1B was doing a bombing run about 90 miles away, she was in her car going home when as a joke, a B-1 bussed over her and hit the afterburner scaring the crap out of her. She even got to go inside and was supposed to do a re-fuel photoshoot but then all the bad stuff with security happened at that was no more. She is much more adventuresome than I and has flown in a bi-plane which was doing dives and rolls while she was photographing it, In any event, here are the stars today. View attachment 820667View attachment 820668View attachment 820669
KC-135, KC-46 (I think). I've been up close and personal with Doc and FIFI, the only two 29's still flying.

moonraker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Almost no aircraft round here nowadays, but did get this one (and we're miles from the coast...)

MadMarco

Mu-43 Veteran
Not to be mistaken for this one, which was seen over Guildford UK in October 2018

Real Name
Jeff H
Thursday morning, a KC-135R Stratotanker flew over Decatur Morgan hospital, Madison Hospital, Huntsville Hospital and Crestwood Medical Center.

The purpose of the flyover is to show appreciation to hospital employees who are at the front line battling COVID-19. The flyover is part of a normal training mission. It’s also a way to demonstrate the “continued readiness of the 117 ARW during this pandemic.”

The text above was a quote from one of the local TV stations. The photos were taken with an Olympus OMD EM1 mark ii, Olympus 40-150 pro with 1.4X teleconverter.

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thursday morning, a KC-135R Stratotanker flew over Decatur Morgan hospital, Madison Hospital, Huntsville Hospital and Crestwood Medical Center.

The purpose of the flyover is to show appreciation to hospital employees who are at the front line battling COVID-19. The flyover is part of a normal training mission. It’s also a way to demonstrate the “continued readiness of the 117 ARW during this pandemic.”

The text above was a quote from one of the local TV stations. The photos were taken with an Olympus OMD EM1 mark ii, Olympus 40-150 pro with 1.4X teleconverter. View attachment 820978
Of all the "flyover" photos, that one's the best. :thumbup:

My normal view of a KC-135 is a little different: :)

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Grounded Air New Zealand 777s

Real Name
Mel
My wife is a born daredevil and has never seen anything she would not try. I have a good friend and fellow attorney who was a pilot in the Air Force and now flies bi-planes. I know little about bi-planes except they are really difficult to land since the pilot sits behind the passenger and to line up for landing, they seem to go a little sideways before getting their line to land. We went to the airport to see Capt. Hund fly and he invited my wife to take two trips in the plane, one a leisurely one for her to photograph the lakes and small towns around our city and then he would come back, land and get her ready for some daredevil barrels, loops, spins, etc. You could not have got me in that plane to save my soul. My worst transgression before that was jumping out of a perfectly good plane after training which I decided that I would do no more of that nonsense. In any event, the flight went well, they landed the second time and we asked my wife how she felt and she said, perfect. Well, when we got in the car she was wanting to get home as quickly as could be since she was a little nauseous. The follow-up story was a couple of months later, my friend was cut down by a crosswind and crashed on landing causing him to not be able to walk. He bought a new plane with hand controls and he is up and away again. Here are some photos of Linda's Excellent Adventure.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom