Show your aircraft photos!

During the past two weeks I was taking part in a gliding competition, during that time i was able to take some air to air shots of my friends from my glider.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For the opening ceremony of the competition we had some friends fly in with WWII trainers (T6 Harvards) and a Canadian Armed Forces Griffin Search and Rescue helicopter. I only had the 60mm SIGMA with me as that is what I use for air to air most of the time, I think the photos came out ok anyway.

walter_j

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Walter
Now this is the proper way to climb mountains

neelsd

Mu-43 Veteran

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I managed to get to the Eastbourne Airshow over the weekend. I had a great time on the Sunday. Loads of pics to keep me happy :).
I took my FZ1000 with me instead of any of my M43 gear. I just wanted to see if it is any good for shows like this. What I did find out that the PL100-400mm on a M43 body would have given me the same sort of zoom distance as the FZ1000 used in iZOOM mode. But that's extra weight...

This is one from the Battle of Britain fly by.

P1680806_P2_CC.jpg

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
I managed to get to the Eastbourne Airshow over the weekend. I had a great time on the Sunday. Loads of pics to keep me happy :).
I took my FZ1000 with me instead of any of my M43 gear. I just wanted to see if it is any good for shows like this. What I did find out that the PL100-400mm on a M43 body would have given me the same sort of zoom distance as the FZ1000 used in iZOOM mode. But that's extra weight...

This is one from the Battle of Britain fly by.

View attachment 769767
Nice! I saw a Lancaster once. I was surprised how tall they are inside.

StanS

Mu-43 Regular
Crawley, West Sussex UK / Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Nice photo! I also went to Eastbourne last Saturday, but haven't had time to edit the pictures yet. May I ask where were you standing? I shot with the 100-300 mkII and found it a bit short for some of the aircraft. Especially the Eurofighter, the sharper turns it pulled (where you could see the water vapour) were made some way away from the shore and will result in heavy cropping...

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice photo! I also went to Eastbourne last Saturday, but haven't had time to edit the pictures yet. May I ask where were you standing? I shot with the 100-300 mkII and found it a bit short for some of the aircraft. Especially the Eurofighter, the sharper turns it pulled (where you could see the water vapour) were made some way away from the shore and will result in heavy cropping...
From previous years of scouting the location I found that a good spot is at the top of Terminus Road where it reaches the sea front. That's close to the pier.
The 100-300mm is too short. I tried it two years ago before I sold it. Ideally you need a 100-400mm, or a bridge camera with a long zoom. That's why I prefer to use the FZ1000, with or without iZOOM. It allows me to zoom in or out quickly with the lever by the shutter, and make continuous fine adjustment with the zoom ring around the lens.
I went on the Sunday, and yes the Typhoon was filling the frame by a mere 30% odd.

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A couple of additional pics. I took quite a few, but these ones stand out from the traditional framed shots.

I could have selected anyone of a large numbers of images from the Breitling display team, and the Windwalkers, to post. They were THAT good.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Continuing in the theme...I'm thinking about a ZS70 pocket camera for a daily carry. It has the small 1/2.3 sensor, so I started going back through some of my old FZ-70 photos to get a feel for quality. These were all taken in Jpeg, I did some processing on them, but all in all not too bad.

A PV-2 Harpoon
P1000406 by telecast, on Flickr

The only Lanc I've ever seen
P1000434 by telecast, on Flickr

A JU-52
P1000426 by telecast, on Flickr

And another from "Things you don't see everyday.", A 29, Lanc, and 17.
P1000502 by telecast, on Flickr

A Spit
P1000439 by telecast, on Flickr

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Out shooting birds and this air ambulance flew overhead at a quick pace. Lucky shot, given small single AF spot.

The company I work for has an Aviation club, here are some shots of our recent event where we took some employees for introductory flights at a small grass strip.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Buff!

Was working out in the garage and kept hearing a jet. We're not in any flight path and when a jet does go over it's usually pretty high. I wasn't paying attention at first, then I heard air brakes and got interested. I went out front and saw this. It is the first time I've ever seen a B-52 in flight outside of an airshow. We do get training missions from Selfridge ANG Base fairly regularly, but it's usually a Chinook or Apache.

This guy must have circled 4 or 5 times. I had just enough time to grab the P-n-S out of my truck and catch the last 1-1/2 passes, literally shooting through holes in the trees trying to catch it. No time to do anything more than iA and hope. I wish they were a bit better, but at least I got a few.

P1000533 by telecast, on Flickr

P1000536 by telecast, on Flickr

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
A few from Shuttleworth's October 2019 Race Day; the weather was kinder than expected, but high winds restrictions meant that a lot of the flying programme was curtailed: still enjoyable though.

Real Name
Don
This, of course, was not shot with an MU43! My father was a WWII and later Air National Guard pilot. This P-47 Thunderbolt (they called them Jugs) was one he flew out of an ANG base in Westchester County NY in the early 50s. That's me in the tyke suit.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom