Show your aircraft photos!

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
There was one point when they were all flying abreast coming perpendicular to the flight line. It was a great visual, but they were so spread out taking a photo of any consequence was impossible. Here are some of them as they passed.

Just so as not to confuse Martin, :rofl: there are seven in this photo. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

48484349362_6430f23f8a_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
B2_0020 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
There was one point when they were all flying abreast coming perpendicular to the flight line. It was a great visual, but they were so spread out taking a photo of any consequence was impossible. Here are some of them as they passed.

Just so as not to confuse Martin, :rofl: there are seven in this photo. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

View attachment 767324B2_0020 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr
How many?

This from D500 + 200-500 though. Not m43. Hope that's ok. Don't have super zoom yet for my OMD!

DSC_4404-2.jpg

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Winner! When I posted I originally put eight, then I thought...let's have a little fun. I wondered how long it'd take!

Hey! No fair! I really did put eight on the original post, and then went back and edited it to seven. You got me! That's what I get for poking at Martin Andrew!

Last edited:

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
OK, sorry to do this with rough images from Duxford Flying Legends 2018, but here are ? aircraft in a Balbo:

The Hawker Sea Fury T20 flying in the opposite direction was the 'Joker' in the pack.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Having listened to quite a few Sea Fury’s and many others, I reckon the SF is the best sounding piston engined aircraft ever!
I love the sound of a radial engine. It's immediately recognizable. Two nights ago I was doing some burgers on the grill and the YAF's B-25 flew over on one of its paid-flight runs. I knew it was a radial long before I could see it.

Mike G

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Gorman
Too quick for me to get a decent image of, plenty of blurry ones though!
Martin, the Sea Fury was also the fastest piston engined aircraft flying, which I think that’s why they are favourites among the air racing crowd, i.e. those with deep pockets. I have worked on two of them an awful long time ago(early 60s).

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
From Shuttleworth's Evening Airshow, a Pitts Special with a 'special' pitot adaptor:

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Sorry, not shot with my Olympus, but my iPhone. An ANA Airbus A380 aircraft with their Honu (sea turtle) livery at Honolulu airport. I think they do this only for Hawaii flights. I had to zoom in so Rez is a little low.

348743B7-9B04-48C8-A40B-4CA0A222CF12.jpeg

https://news.airwise.com/story/first-look-at-ana-flying-honu-airbus-a380

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom