Show your aircraft photos!

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
I have been going back over some of last years photos and cropping/PP'ing: effective or not?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Engine detail of G-AAYX, Shuttleworth's Southern Martlet:

Barking

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
Think this is a Northrop F5...on patrol over Lake Brienz

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Barking

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
Spot the helicopter

AndyCr

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy Cripps

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Recently, a friend invited me to my first ever airshow to take some images. As a "newbee" , I did a little research and discovered "prop blur" is the preferable way. I thought I had a step-up ring from my old Pentax days to adapt a ND filter to my Oly 75-300mm lens. No luck, the adapter was the wrong size and so I needed to decrease my aperture size to gain a longer exposure time. What I discovered on this outing is that I'm bad at panning - lots of blurred shots. So I also used a fast exposure time to make certain I came home with some decent images.

So here's where I went for the annual airshow, the National Warplane Museum is a warbird and military history museum located on the grounds of the Geneseo Airport in Geneseo, New York. Founded in 1994, the museum restores, flies, and displays vintage military aircraft from the Second World War and Korean War eras.
Had a fun and humbling day. Here's a few pics to share ...

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Recently, a friend invited me to my first ever airshow to take some images. As a "newbee" , I did a little research and discovered "prop blur" is the preferable way. I thought I had a step-up ring from my old Pentax days to adapt a ND filter to my Oly 75-300mm lens. No luck, the adapter was the wrong size and so I needed to decrease my aperture size to gain a longer exposure time. What I discovered on this outing is that I'm bad at panning - lots of blurred shots. So I also used a fast exposure time to make certain I came home with some decent images.

So here's where I went for the annual airshow, the National Warplane Museum is a warbird and military history museum located on the grounds of the Geneseo Airport in Geneseo, New York. Founded in 1994, the museum restores, flies, and displays vintage military aircraft from the Second World War and Korean War eras.
Had a fun and humbling day. Here's a few pics to share ...View attachment 761744 View attachment 761745 View attachment 761746 View attachment 761747 View attachment 761748 View attachment 761749
@Zman You have some great pics there - I think the B17 is a great shot, the prop blur is spot on: I think that you could have gone to 1/125 - 1/160 on that one and still have got some good prop blur. Panning is not second nature to me either: I start OK then either out pace the subject, try to correct and then the plane escapes me completly (or some one sticks their head in the way!

If I come away with a dozen or so sharp ones out of...many :)blush:) from an airshow, I am a happy snapper. The only bug bear I have found with :mu43:, is when you stop down too much (with me I have found after f7.1 and onwards), the dreaded dust spots start showing up! Hope you continue to visit airshows and show us some more!:thumbsup:

Martin

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
You guys are killing me. This Saturday I go to orientation for volunteers at the upcoming Thunder Over Michigan airshow at historic Willow Run Airport. As a volunteer I get SWAG, lunch, and free admission both days. I am volunteering for 4 hours Saturday Aug 3. and plan to watch the show on Sunday Aug. 4 with family.

@Zman nice job! Looks like you were fortunate enough to get a blue sky. Last year was my first with M43, and I didn't have near enough glass with only the P 45-150. This year I'll take the PL 50-200 and the P 100-300.

AndyCr

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy Cripps
Me too, Martin, and yes, agree on the dust spots too. If it's any consolation, you're not on your own, one of the busier Facebook aviation photography-related groups is YorCrapAviationPhotos. Closed group, you have to ask to join,but worth checking out if you're on Facebook.

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Me too, Martin, and yes, agree on the dust spots too. If it's any consolation, you're not on your own, one of the busier Facebook aviation photography-related groups is YorCrapAviationPhotos. Closed group, you have to ask to join,but worth checking out if you're on Facebook.
I've just deleted a heck of lot of cr*p shots: I could have kept them and posted!:rofl:

Alpha Whiskey Photography

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not the best shots but one of the few remaining subjects I'm still bothered to photograph. Low enough and loud enough that the vibration set off my car alarm.

MORE HERE

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom