Show your aircraft photos! (Airplanes, helicopters, blimps...)

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
God, you must be about as old as I am ;) I can still remember watching the moon landing on TV (as a YOUNG child !).
I can remember watching it (endlessly ... ) while stuck in Coffs Harbour, NSW with a broken crankshaft in my car. I was about 22 y.o.

The photos came to us all courtesy of Honeysuckle Creek in the ACT, and the Dish at Parkes, NSW.

Real Name
William
God, you must be about as old as I am ;) I can still remember watching the moon landing on TV (as a YOUNG child !).

I have a similar photo oriented on the nose with scorch marks etc. The guy we met at Atlantis was such a nice guy. If I remember correctly, he was in charge of vehicle readiness when the shuttle program was running. I can't recall his name of the top of my head, but he had a fantastic mustache and he gifted a special memorial coin to our daughter. What a great guy he was!

I missed out on seeing Discovery when we were in DC as we ran out of time and it had been moved from the Air and Space museum.
Actually, I grew up across the river from the space center and it was a lot more personal for me as my father was an engineer for NASA. He worked from the Redstone through the Shuttle programs.

My experience as a child was one of awe and intrigue. Back in the day during the Apollo missions, the LEM and the rover were assembled at the center and I actually was able to witness what it took produce that equipment. Actually was able to witness the assembly of the Saturn rocket and was privileged to watch a roll out of the rocket on its trip to the pad. Those memories are seared into my memory and have never forgot those experiences.

Barking

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jeff
Airbus G-EUOE A319-131
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From an investigation of an accident in 2013...."An Airbus A319-131, G-EUOE, was damaged in an accident at London-Heathrow Airport (LHR), U.K. None of the 75 passengers and five crew members were injured.
British Airways flight BA762 departed runway 27L on a scheduled service to Oslo, Norway. At that moment, the fan cowl doors from both engines detached, puncturing a fuel pipe on the right engine and damaging the airframe."

Don W

Mu-43 Regular
Don't see many pontoon-equipped aircraft around here, more common in the northern states.

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
Coffeebreak - Seen at an air show for model airplanes

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Float plane capital of the world... taken sometime after about 11:00pm i think

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
1927 Boeing 40-B2, #285. This airplane crashed four times though there were never any injuries to the pilot or passengers. It was built as a Model 40, then upgraded to a B, then a B2, and was donated to the museum in 1938. Seems like an awful lot for 11 years!

P1061822 by telecast, on Flickr

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Wish I thought to adjust my shutter speed to get some propeller blur, but had everything set up for birds when this bird (osprey) flew by -

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom