Show wildflowers, only wildflowers in the wild

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This year I've been slow to get started on the wildflower photos, but it was a lovely day here so I stopped at a favorite spot for an eyes-down ramble. Not much grabbed my attention, and when it did my shooting was pretty ordinary - I'm trying out a Canon FD AC-zoom 35-70mm with Raynox 250 macro adapter, adapted via focal reducer to EM10.2; the lens has no aperture ring, so it has limited usefulness and is far outclassed by any m43 macro lens. However, it was fun, and that's what it's about!

EDIT: I just discovered that the lock switch on the focal reducer operates the aperture (clicklessly), so there's one problem solved!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
This year I've been slow to get started on the wildflower photos, but it was a lovely day here so I stopped at a favorite spot for an eyes-down ramble. Not much grabbed my attention, and when it did my shooting was pretty ordinary - I'm trying out a Canon FD AC-zoom 35-70mm with Raynox 250 macro adapter, adapted via focal reducer to EM10.2; the lens has no aperture ring, so it has limited usefulness and is far outclassed by any m43 macro lens. However, it was fun, and that's what it's about!

EDIT: I just discovered that the lock switch on the focal reducer operates the aperture (clicklessly), so there's one problem solved!
View attachment 774601View attachment 774602View attachment 774603View attachment 774604

I really enjoying playing with legacy lens - such different effects, and the softness is nice on the eyes after sharp digital :-0

Neil Harris

Mu-43 Regular
Choke cherry (Prunus virginiana)

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Sundews wobble around crazy in the slightest breeze.
This morning I got up super early.
015B4D50-B688-44E7-83B1-CD926C3C4981.jpeg

Luckily there was minimal breeze.
E5EA1F9B-D2AE-4D12-8F94-CFB91FDC6870.jpeg
:)

Last edited:

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
This is the incredibly rare, super hard to find, double bloom, fairy orchid.

Searched for a lifetime, finally found it!

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Kodak 63mm f2.7 "C-mount" lens

Pheladenia deformis - Blue Fairy Orchid - Tasmania

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just love sundew plants, and their voracious way of grabbing life with all they've got!

Olympus EM10 mkII with 60mm f2.8 macro. Edited with Snapseed app.

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This pretty flower is Acacia paradoxa (prickly wattle), hated by locals who refer to it as 'kerosene bush', due to it being highly flammable. It makes a good home for small birds, as the thorny branches offer some protection against predators. After kneeling on some by mistake when shooting wildflowers yesterday, I came home and ordered some gardening knee pads!

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
With a reinvigorated interest in shooting with adapted lenses and crafting digital photos with a look more reminiscent of 35mm film, I found myself enjoying editing these JPEG photos more than usual. This began with a bit more customisation in-camera, following through with a different editing style from my usual in Snapseed app.

The original JPEG is either on the right or on the bottom of these sets.

Olympus EM10 mkII with 60mm f2.8

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Y
This pretty flower is Acacia paradoxa (prickly wattle), hated by locals who refer to it as 'kerosene bush', due to it being highly flammable. It makes a good home for small birds, as the thorny branches offer some protection against predators. After kneeling on some by mistake when shooting wildflowers yesterday, I came home and ordered some gardening knee pads!View attachment 776558
Your sundews are exactly same as ours..
Boy, so glad we didn’t get your prickly wattles though!
We did get a black wattle, introduced by a church missionary, to tan the leather bound bibles black. I wish he would come and take them back. The wattles and the bibles, no good came of either! Haha.

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Y
Your sundews are exactly same as ours..
Boy, so glad we didn’t get your prickly wattles though!
We did get a black wattle, introduced by a church missionary, to tan the leather bound bibles black. I wish he would come and take them back. The wattles and the bibles, no good came of either! Haha.
Here's a tiny sundew I found!
OI000007-04.jpeg

Cap from 60mm lens.
OI000008-02.jpeg

Sundews are the best - a nearby patch of scrub, in which the understorey was slow-burned for fire protection earlier in the year, already has sundews re-populating it. I expect the orchids will be fantastic there next year. The prickly wattle takes over, and little pieces break off, getting into sheep's wool and the knees of the kneeling, so it's unpopular. How interesting about the black wattle being used for black bibles!

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thought this was pretty composition for just a random group of wildflowers.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Regular
The Spring season is really starting to take off here in Australia. So many native orchids on show, with plenty more to come.

I will need to restrain myself otherwise I may end up taking over this thread...Just kidding...

Anyway to start off with some lovely little flowers

Hare Orchid (Leptoceras (Caladenia) menziesii)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom