Show: Whisky!

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
I’m a big fan of Glenlivet, Tullamore Dew, and anything Suntory
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Have you tried Nikka Whisky From The Barrel? I quite like it but cut it with a little water - it's 51.4% alcohol by volume and has some burn served neat.
No, never heard of it. But I looks interesting, and I enjoy Japanese whisky...guess we have the Irish to thank for that. I’ll have to try and score some.

Quadna71

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I will have to seek that one out. Lately I have been on a "bottled in bond" exploration (which applies to other liquors besides Whiskey btw).
May have to wait a while. They filled two barrels in 2016 and only bottled one of the barrels this year. All of the 172 bottles were gone in about 30 minutes, but I heard they may bottle the other barrel next year. Pretty good chance that they will be gone instantly too. They donated a large portion of each bottle sale to fund a local veteran’s memorial so there was quite a lot of publicity prior to the release in November.

I ended up with a nice bourbon lineup from the family for Christmas this year. Received that bottle of Veterans Cut from 8 Oaks, two bottles of Old Forester (Original Batch and the 1910), a Brown Sugar Bourbon from Heritage, and a Woodford Reserve. Should keep me golden through the winter!

Last edited:

bredman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Pete
No, never heard of it. But I looks interesting, and I enjoy Japanese whisky...guess we have the Irish to thank for that. I’ll have to try and score some.
It was the Scots, Taketsuru learned whisky distillation in Scotland, at Longmorn distillery. He married a Scottish woman and returned to Japan to build Suntory's first distillery. He later left and started his own whisky business - Nikka.

Longmorn is a current favourite of mine.

Manhattans...my go-to cocktail

This one contained port as well...phenomenal.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom