Show: Whisky!

gfspencer

Mu-43 Regular
Years ago my wife had an acquaintance that collected scotch. He didn't drink, so all of his collection was unopened.
I know people like that. I am not one of them. I'm 73. I drink everything I buy. I'm even drinking a Macallan 25th Anniversary. (Much rarer than a Macallan 25.) You don't see too many of those but I'll drink it anyway.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Nice photos of some beautiful whiskeys! Can you post a link to your blog?
Thank you! And absolutely - Irish drams

I'm more interested in Scotch than photography. I've tried over 600 different Scotches . . . more if you count "Scotches" from other countries.
Nice collection! The number of Scotch whiskies in our collection now is very low actually, we have a decent Islay collection with some rarer distillery exclusives and the likes, but very few unpeated. They don't sell much Scotch in Ireland, other than Celtic whiskey shop and the likes.

Years ago my wife had an acquaintance that collected scotch. He didn't drink, so all of his collection was unopened.
That is SO sad. I buy whiskeys to enjoy them.. and my opinion is that they are also made to be enjoyed.

gfspencer

Mu-43 Regular
I can't go out to buy good Scotch so I had to order some . . .

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Dallas Dhu. No longer distilling but some of their product is still around. What they label now is a blend from somewhere else. Helps pay the upkeep.

bredman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Pete
Dallas Dhu. No longer distilling but some of their product is still around. What they label now is a blend from somewhere else. Helps pay the upkeep.
Yeah, their whisky was excellent. It closed for reasons other than the quality of the spirit. It's now run as a museum with constant rumours of a restart that come to nothing. If you buy a bottle that says Dallas Dhu on it, it will be a single malt from the distillery, not a blend.

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes, Dallas Dhu filled the last barrel in 1983 so there can't be many bottles left. Economics and water supply did them in according to the host. It is now an Historic Scotland property (get a membership) and well worth a visit since one can poke around in places that are off limits on a working distillery tour. I had a wee dram of the blend that they were selling which was quite good.

gfspencer

Mu-43 Regular
Dallas Dhu . . . I guess it would be considered a "silent distillery" now. I have had a 33 year old bottled by Signatory. It was bottled in 1976. I tried it 4 years ago so I don't remember much about how it tasted.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Sometimes I take the whiskey with me to the garden. :) This is a new Irish whiskey, malt whiskey matured in bourbon casks and finished in Tawny port casks. Highly recommended.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Here’s another little beast from Ireland. A nice finished in peated Islay casks (I have very little info other than that), sourced and managed by the newcomer Killowen distillery in county Down.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom