Show Us Your Main Squeeze

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  2. vinay

vinay Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2012
    lol - this seems to be a trend with recent Nikon cameras. My D7000 had them too.
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Nice combo. I gotta ask: oil spots? Those dots on the LHS are from the camera? Since you seem amused, i assume these can be removed?
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, it's a known issue with the D600. For the first couple thousand shots the camera sputters oil onto the sensor cover. They can be removed either by cleaning the sensor yourself or sending it to Nikon for them to clean. I'm not troubled by it because I rarely stop down enough for them to show up and the prospect after cleaning the sensor once after a few thousand shots doesn't bother me. Knew all about the issue before I bought the camera.

Now lets see some cameras!
  5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010

Don't tell my E-M5...the Fuji X-10 is still my main squeeze. It replaced my GF-1 + 20/1.7 combo, but then got replaced by the E-M5. Now they exist in harmony, and though I reach for the E-M5 more often, the X-10 is my favorite.

I use it with the Fuji hood and UV filter always on, so there is no hassle with lens cap. The thumb grip is a nice ergonomic plus.

If Fuji can pull a Sony move here and jam a 1" sensor in to this body, and keep the fast lens, I think it would replace my :43: kit.
  6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Squeeze & squeeze again

Despite flicking formats, the combo I keep coming back to is the GX1+25mm due to it's size and superb image quality - I did wonder if getting rid of the GF1+20 was the right move, but this combo is proving an even better tool and one that draws me back time and time again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Still rippin' with the EM-5.

I've the EPL-1 as a backup but probably should consider selling that one...but then I wouldn't be able to take photos of the EM-5 :wink:.

Photo shows the 14mm Panasonic mounted, but I've since acquired the Olympus 15mm and it has become the "lens cap" of the camera.

Attached Files:

8. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

self-consistency - or a rut?

Here's mine:

Oh .. wait ... that was then ....

This is now:

Striking how sort-of similar they are:

What hath 50 years wrought?
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
  10. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Don't get me wrong... My OMD E-M5 get's lots of attention. Just don't tell.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    ^ good Lord man!
  12. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I'm still here for the community aspect and enjoy the newest m43 news but this is my new love:

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="">[​IMG]"480" width="640" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="">December 20, 2012</a></td></tr></table>
  13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I like those stands. Always makes me uncomfortable when the lens rim rests on the table.
  14. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have a few of different brands (Pentax, Leica, and I think Minolta)... I used to be involved in retail and acquired them from now defunct retailers I used to work with. They actually sit in my display case for my old M3 and Canon Rangefinder IVSB (haha. used to be a Titanium M6 which I sold). I borrowed them to take this photo... IIRC, the red one is suppose to be an original dealer stand that was provided to display the M3 (and a little later the M2). The white one (i think) was provided to the dealer to showcase the then new M6 classic.

15. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    I really liked this thread surprised it didn't really take off, but here's my contribution. My first real camera and the sigma 30 on it that I just got last night.

<a href="" title="Epl5sigma30 by woody112704, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="375" alt="Epl5sigma30"></a>
    • Like Like x 2
  16. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Here is my new squeeze, my GAS is taken care of for 2013.

• Like Like x 5
  17. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    > Show Us Your Main Squeeze

I was expecting pictures of partners or sponges but this is much better ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. pyr2

pyr2 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 15, 2013
    Mine. If you notice on the PM1, I happily removed the triangular metal ring (meant for the neck strap).

Attached Files:

19. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    can't say i really have a "main squeeze", but hopefully i stick with this baby for a long while...

• Like Like x 1
  20. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON