1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Show us your favourite picture..

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Al., Jun 27, 2013.

1. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    Show us your favourite picture, the best in your opinion you have ever taken, and why its so special for you. Portrait , landscape ,pet, whatever

Start with my favourite , it was my grand daughters 2nd trip to the seaside, every thing fell into place , the light, clouds, reflections , of all I took that day, this is my favourite. Taken with GF1 with p20mm

small_bridlington.

2. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    My favorite, ever.....

This was one very lucky morning in the Tetons, back in 2009. It was the morning I had hoped for in my numerous years of visiting the park. It has also garnered me many print requests and some good $$$. :)

Attached Files:

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Citrus-Picker-UE-XL.
    Hard to pick a favorite because my best stuff doesn't belong to me. I do like this shot.

=G=

4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    For me, it has to be this shot.
    This is my brother David, my 'baby' brother 16 years younger than myself. We 'lost' David for about 2 years, literally lost him, the damned crazy kid got himself caught up in the worst things you could imagine and for 2 years we didn't know all that much...least of all his whereabouts. Suffice to say, the family thought it would all end one day with a knock on the door by the police. You could imagine then the hysterical scenes in my parents house when it was David that knocked carrying a gym bag with his clothes. David now runs his own painting business working 6 days a week, plays local football, has been bitten by my passion for snowboarding and has an awesome girlfriend. A scenario we never thought possible a few years back.

This shot was taken about 3 months after he came back.
    I don't know if I'll ever take a photo that means more to me than this.

6368891015_d4f01c51c9_b.
    Brother. by Livnius, on Flickr

5. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    This photo is my favourite this days, i like it because it reflects the joy of the little girl with a very good framing of the waves and the surrounding.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehudlavon/8643100943/" title="Fun by Ehud Lavon, on Flickr"> 8643100943_541f441d73_b. "1024" height="768" alt="Fun"></a>

6. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    This was one of the first shots i took with the PL 25. Not the greatest shot but it's my favorite. I can't get over all of the details this lens captures wide open.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/97949387@N05/9128387303/" title="Wolf by colbycheese123, on Flickr"> 9128387303_460319df9a_b. "1024" height="769" alt="Wolf"></a>

7. wonglp

wonglp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2011
    Singapore
    My kids are the reason for my passion in photography and still is. :smile:

9153139758_f6fb9930f1_b.

8. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I too am a big brother.

After reading this description, scrolling down, and seeing the shot, and seeing the tattoo, I got the chills / goosebumps.

I want to look you in the eyes and give you a firm shake of your hand, but alas, we're separated by oceans and electrons.

9. Splitprism

Splitprism Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2013
    Angra, Brazil
    Favorite one I took yesterday.

P1030628.JPG

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Gorgeous....:2thumbs:

11. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I think this is one of my favorite shot... took this with my first DSLR though. 500D + 18-270mm

Boracay, Philippines Sunset

12. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My daughter .. I wish she was in focus too but it did print it big

P4210705.

13. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    very hard to decide on this one... but I choosed this. Love the cold feeling and the model look from my daughter :)
    Ep3 and P20

[​IMG]

14. Bangonthedoortwice

Bangonthedoortwice Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    I was really inspired by a local photographer by her images of moving clouds, almost paint like and that lead me into some minimalistic abstract art which i am very grateful for.

I got frost bite that evening on my fingers because this was shot at -4 to -6 around 8pm in heavy sleet/snow just as i got sent home from work with a back injury. I had to hop back and fourth to check the long exposure then back to the shelter and eventually i had to stop because i couldn't see, feel my fingers or operate the EM5 anymore. I got a few good images that evening and this was my favourite.

Attached Files:

15. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    :th_salute:

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Wow, talk about suffering for ones art. Brilliant image, certainly one to be proud of....I sure would be.

16. sigamy

sigamy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012

Attached Files:

17. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Not fair to make me choose from the dozens that qualify as my "favorite". The more I look the more I find...

This one of my youngest son in his first Tux, just gives me the feeling that you get from the James Bond or Rat Pack style of being cool. The expressions of everyone else really sets him apart. In the years since this was take his stage presence has just grown and grown when he's performing. Our older kids were just as capable in their own ways but none of them felt comfortable in the limelight.

[​IMG]

18. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think for me it may be this one, taken on one of my afternoon walks around my local neighbourhood. This dead tree is in a park and this was taken from around a block away, shooting so that the bottom of the frame was above the roofline of the houses between me and the park. Highly selective framing hides the fact that this was actually taken in the middle of suburbia.

Essentially it's a mood shot. I was after the sky which was darkening with a storm coming in, I think it arrived around half an hour later, and the processing accentuates that sense of impending storm. I like the gradation in the clouds and also the light on the dead tree which I did not tinker with, it just came up that way as I worked on the sky.

I have a thing for images with a limited colour palette and a muted tonal range, and this shot has both of those things going for it.

P3123636.

E-M5 with the Olympus 17mm F/1.8

19. sigamy

sigamy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Any post processing on this? Or is that 17mm just that sharp?

20. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    My favorite:

8974954424_3db26c4fe4_c.
    P5260082 by OT Kammah, on Flickr

There's just something about this man. After taking the picture I spent a few minutes chatting with him and he just had such a young soul and one of the best outlooks I've ever experienced!