1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Show us your E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Luke, Sep 1, 2012.

1. DADA

DADA New to Mu-43

Aug 1, 2012
    Ohio
    Dinu
    Thank you Stephan! Yes, made the grip myself, aluminum and zebra wood. The nice thing about not having money to buy certain things (like the OMD grip), is that it forces me to make things myself. Just wish I could have made the camera too, would have saved me some $ :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. efoo

efoo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Eddie
    Maybe you can start making more of this grip of yours and sell them, then you will have more money to buy certain things. :wink:

3. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    If I didn't already have Oly's grip and DADA was making / selling the grip that was posted, I'd buy one. The wood is a nice touch and I actually like how it looks against the black OMD.

4. stephography

stephography Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stephan
    My Gordy strap and Gariz half case just came in! Just waiting on that shutter button...

gordy-strap-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gordy-strap-2.jpg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 24, 2011
    is it my imagination or no one here is using protective filters on their lenses?

6. Brian style

Brian style Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    I really like the look of silver only on the top and black everywhere else. Really nice looking OM!:thumbup:

7. stephography

Sep 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stephan
    Thanks man! I just wish I didn't have work tonight so I could take it out with the new toys and grab some street shots :X.

Yep, no filters XD. Every time I put a UV filter on any of my lenses, I get some sort of ghosting since I mostly shoot during the day. I'd love to get my hands on a heliopan ND filter though... I walk around with the dinky lens hood anyways, so I'm protected for the most part.

8. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    I've posted this before elsewhere, but here's my OM-D with a Nikon mount Voigltander 58mm f/1.4:

1030591-1632x1224.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. stephography

Sep 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stephan
    Looks great Mike! How do you like the field of view with the 58mm on a 2x sensor? Do you use that for portraits and/or everyday shooting? I love the way it looks on the camera...

Another one, this time with the older brother!

big-little-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Mostly portraits, but I've used it for other stuff as well, particularly close-ups. Regular 105mm and 135mm tend to have longer minimum focusing distances, but with μ43, you get a 116mm FOV that has a 45cm minimum focusing distance, which makes for some nice blurred backgrounds.

You can see some of my photos with it (as well as a few other people who have it) in the Adapted Lens Sample sub-forum:

https://www.mu-43.com/f81/voigtlander-58mm-f-1-4-nokton-slii-image-thread-27219/

• Like Like x 1
  11. TDP

TDP Guest

Got protection at the ready (see the little filter to the side?):
    7858169250_8135b39353_c.jpg

Gear by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

A different kind of protection:
    7905832280_5b3c2b48d7_c.jpg

HPRC 2200 by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

12. limpeh09

limpeh09 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Nice grip and quite practical. Could be a hot seller !

• Like Like x 1
  13. aikidoka

aikidoka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    Montreal
    just got the lens :) 

1030702_1_.jpg

14. troutgeek

troutgeek Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Madison, WI area.
    Just got the jm grip. I'm very happy with it. Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo...

image-3082759625.jpg

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Love the hard case, TDP! Thanks for the idea... I actually have a spare Pelican case that is the right size. I will order a new foam insert. I am thinking it will be good for my cold weather case... throw in a spot for moisture absorbers. :thumbup:

16. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    It's pictures like this that make me wish I could have waited to get a silver E-M5. Beautiful.

Just a hobbyist.

17. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Nice job on the covering for the grip. Any tips or observations? What glue/leather did you use? Does it feel better before or after?

Originally I was going to cover mine but the metal grips so well from the treatment he did that I don't know now.

18. troutgeek

troutgeek Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Madison, WI area.
    I took the idea from thisisanton. I think it was John (jm) who mentioned the Camera Leather company, so I googled them and ordered some self adhesive camera leather. I tried wrapping this three times. Each time was sufficient, but I thought I could do better. Wrapped the bottom, and made everything nice and tight. Then took some small scissors, and removed material as I folded over the top.

I ordered the grip and the leather at the same time. John did a nice job with the finish, but since I already had the camera leather...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eirik

Eirik Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    Oslo, Norway
    Eirik
    Got my HLD-6 back from service today, now my E-M5 looks slightly less silly attached to my 300mm Nikkor:

P9280252.jpg

P9280253.jpg

I also bought some hooks and rings to make a "fast attach" solution for the lens strap, I also bought a monopod for that huge lens:

P9280255.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.