Show us your E-M5

DADA

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Dinu
Thank you Stephan! Yes, made the grip myself, aluminum and zebra wood. The nice thing about not having money to buy certain things (like the OMD grip), is that it forces me to make things myself. Just wish I could have made the camera too, would have saved me some $ :)

efoo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eddie
Thank you Stephan! Yes, made the grip myself, aluminum and zebra wood. The nice thing about not having money to buy certain things (like the OMD grip), is that it forces me to make things myself. Just wish I could have made the camera too, would have saved me some $ :)
Maybe you can start making more of this grip of yours and sell them, then you will have more money to buy certain things. :wink:

Mijo

Mu-43 Veteran
Maybe you can start making more of this grip of yours and sell them, then you will have more money to buy certain things. :wink:
If I didn't already have Oly's grip and DADA was making / selling the grip that was posted, I'd buy one. The wood is a nice touch and I actually like how it looks against the black OMD.

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan
My Gordy strap and Gariz half case just came in! Just waiting on that shutter button...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brian style

Mu-43 Regular
My Gordy strap and Gariz half case just came in! Just waiting on that shutter button...

I really like the look of silver only on the top and black everywhere else. Really nice looking OM!:thumbup:

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan
I really like the look of silver only on the top and black everywhere else. Really nice looking OM!:thumbup:
Thanks man! I just wish I didn't have work tonight so I could take it out with the new toys and grab some street shots :X.

is it my imagination or no one here is using protective filters on their lenses?
Yep, no filters XD. Every time I put a UV filter on any of my lenses, I get some sort of ghosting since I mostly shoot during the day. I'd love to get my hands on a heliopan ND filter though... I walk around with the dinky lens hood anyways, so I'm protected for the most part.

MAubrey

Photographer
Real Name
Mike Aubrey
I've posted this before elsewhere, but here's my OM-D with a Nikon mount Voigltander 58mm f/1.4:

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan
I've posted this before elsewhere, but here's my OM-D with a Nikon mount Voigltander 58mm f/1.4:
Looks great Mike! How do you like the field of view with the 58mm on a 2x sensor? Do you use that for portraits and/or everyday shooting? I love the way it looks on the camera...

Another one, this time with the older brother!

MAubrey

Photographer
Real Name
Mike Aubrey
Looks great Mike! How do you like the field of view with the 58mm on a 2x sensor? Do you use that for portraits and/or everyday shooting? I love the way it looks on the camera...
Mostly portraits, but I've used it for other stuff as well, particularly close-ups. Regular 105mm and 135mm tend to have longer minimum focusing distances, but with μ43, you get a 116mm FOV that has a 45cm minimum focusing distance, which makes for some nice blurred backgrounds.

You can see some of my photos with it (as well as a few other people who have it) in the Adapted Lens Sample sub-forum:

https://www.mu-43.com/f81/voigtlander-58mm-f-1-4-nokton-slii-image-thread-27219/

limpeh09

Mu-43 Regular
DADA said:
Nice grip and quite practical. Could be a hot seller !

aikidoka

Mu-43 Regular
just got the lens :)

troutgeek

Mu-43 Regular
Just got the jm grip. I'm very happy with it. Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo...

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A different kind of protection:
Love the hard case, TDP! Thanks for the idea... I actually have a spare Pelican case that is the right size. I will order a new foam insert. I am thinking it will be good for my cold weather case... throw in a spot for moisture absorbers. :thumbup:

jon595

Mu-43 Veteran
troutgeek said:
Just got the jm grip. I'm very happy with it. Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo...
It's pictures like this that make me wish I could have waited to get a silver E-M5. Beautiful.

Just a hobbyist.

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran

View attachment 10976
Nice job on the covering for the grip. Any tips or observations? What glue/leather did you use? Does it feel better before or after?

Originally I was going to cover mine but the metal grips so well from the treatment he did that I don't know now.

troutgeek

Mu-43 Regular
Nice job on the covering for the grip. Any tips or observations? What glue/leather did you use? Does it feel better before or after?

Originally I was going to cover mine but the metal grips so well from the treatment he did that I don't know now.
I took the idea from thisisanton. I think it was John (jm) who mentioned the Camera Leather company, so I googled them and ordered some self adhesive camera leather. I tried wrapping this three times. Each time was sufficient, but I thought I could do better. Wrapped the bottom, and made everything nice and tight. Then took some small scissors, and removed material as I folded over the top.

I ordered the grip and the leather at the same time. John did a nice job with the finish, but since I already had the camera leather...

Eirik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eirik
Got my HLD-6 back from service today, now my E-M5 looks slightly less silly attached to my 300mm Nikkor:

I also bought some hooks and rings to make a "fast attach" solution for the lens strap, I also bought a monopod for that huge lens:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom