Show us your E-M5

stonetape72

Mu-43 Regular
All taken with an E-PL1 + Oly 12-50mm

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75427647@N07/7917207996/" title="P9028428 by Stone Tape Recordings, on Flickr">View attachment 228408"800" height="600" alt="P9028428"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75427647@N07/7919458086/" title="P9028435 by Stone Tape Recordings, on Flickr">View attachment 228409"800" height="600" alt="P9028435"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75427647@N07/7919458800/" title="P9028431 by Stone Tape Recordings, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"800" height="600" alt="P9028431"></a>

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Why can't I have a say if I have an opposing opinion?
Just imagine how irritating every thread would be if a couple hundred people chimed in to say they didn't like the thread. The proper thing to do is to ignore the thread and find something you do like. Positivity makes for better reading.

The variety of photos in this short 3 page thread (so far) show a ton more diversity than I could find in a simple Google image search and I want to see photos as owners see them in their own environments....not sterile shots in white boxes.

I was principally interested in the age old black vs. silver dilemma, but seeing them with different lenses and optional accessories helps to form an opinion. Spending a few thousand dollars on a camera kit is a pretty major expense and it's nice to get some input.

Sorry if it's of no use to you. :drinks:

T

TDP

Stonetape72: Your shots of the Samyang fish should be used on their website - I've tested the lens in the store but only focused on how it shot and how it felt, not how apparently sexy it looks.

Freaking nice shots man.

sueifong

Mu-43 Regular
new and old
View attachment 228619

shot with htc evo 3d

R

richie15

jon595 said:
Just to give it a more stealth look and I like it.

That is a Gariz soft shutter button, found here on eBay.

I've actually done this with all the older m4/3 camera's I've had, a GF1 and G3. I used just a matte black paint and it was very easy. I've since sold both, couldn't really tell if the buyer cared or not. I just like the look of it more. I had some left over leatherette skin left over so I just cut a few pieces and see if it would stick before painting this one.
Thanks does the button just screw on?

btango05

Mu-43 Regular
I wish I had another OM-D to shoot my OM-D:biggrin: I bought a Pelican 1120 thinking it would be big enough to put the OM-D and the lenses to achieve the look TDP has. But alas it wasn't quite big enough. I have a HLD-6 on its way!
I appreciate this thread, it allows ppl to showcase their tools. Gives other ppl ideas on different accessories...for example I like that red button jon595 has. I also like that slotted hood that metalbernd has...I've seen this hood on Amazon but didn't think it would look right until seeing his OM-D

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/btango05/7929769058/" title="DSCN0751 by btango05, on Flickr">View attachment 228624"800" height="600" alt="DSCN0751"></a>
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/btango05/7929768098/" title="DSCN0754 by btango05, on Flickr">
"600" height="800" alt="DSCN0754"></a>

T

TDP

btango05: I took my EM5 with me to the store when I bought my hard case, I wanted something to hold the EM5 with a mounted lens plus one other lens. The HPRC 2200 fit the bill. The store also had some Pelican cases but all of them were too big (I know Pelican makes smaller ones, it is just the store didn't have them). I think the HPRCs are a bit lighter when empty.

When it came time to pluck away I fitted my longest/fattest lens (Voigtlander 17.5) so no matter what lens I might have mounted, it should fit. The internal and external dimensions are listed here (H P R C | HPRC 2200), if you find a Pelican about the same size it should work.

HPRC 2200 by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

jon595

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks does the button just screw on?
No, this style of Gariz soft release button uses a double sided 3M tape. Before I put it on, I wiped the shutter button down with an alcohol wipe, let it dry and then pressed and held the button on for a minute. I let it set for a few minutes and it's been stuck on there ever since.

I've heard other people say that the buttons come off rather easily if you push down on one edge and push a thin plastic edged something in there and lift.

btango05

Mu-43 Regular
btango05: I took my EM5 with me to the store when I bought my hard case, I wanted something to hold the EM5 with a mounted lens plus one other lens. The HPRC 2200 fit the bill. The store also had some Pelican cases but all of them were too big (I know Pelican makes smaller ones, it is just the store didn't have them). I think the HPRCs are a bit lighter when empty.

When it came time to pluck away I fitted my longest/fattest lens (Voigtlander 17.5) so no matter what lens I might have mounted, it should fit. The internal and external dimensions are listed here (H P R C | HPRC 2200), if you find a Pelican about the same size it should work.
Thanks for the info! You think it has enough height with a HLD-6 battery grip installed?

NikkoExiledInSF

Mu-43 Regular

From left, we have:

o Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye
o Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 tele
o Olympus 45mm f/1.8
o Olympus 75mm f/1.8 attached to OM-D EM-5
o Olympus 12mm f/2.0
o Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
o Panasonic 14mm f/2.5

Behind from left:

o OM-D kit flash & Olympus FL600-R
o Olympus 12mm-50mm kit lens
o 46mm circular polarizer

Think I'm all done collecting ;-)

Nikko

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom