Show us what your adapted lens looks like on your camera

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Taisei Kōgaku Tamron f:2.8/135 mm
[serial number 26864
]
with 42×0.75 mm T-mount, on a T-mount to M42 adapter, on an M42 to M4/3 adapter, on the E-PL1.

Seems like the Never Ending Story, don't it? ?
So much antiquated glass, and so little time.

Please send a stop it already message if you think it's getting boring! Or don't.

I'm thinking about putting my new ol' adapted glass on another body sometime.

EDIT: Which I will this weekend, provided my new used E-M1 arrives as planned... ?

FV5_0147-03.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
FV5_0148-02.jpeg
FV5_0150-01.jpeg
FV5_0152-03.jpeg

Pictures shot on Nokia 6.1 Plus with Camera FV-5 app. DNG:s as usual developed and given that vintage feel in Snapseed.

Last edited:

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
Taisei Kōgaku Tamron f:2.8/135 mm
[serial number 26864
]
with 42×0.75 mm T-mount, on a T-mount to M42 adapter, on an M42 to M4/3 adapter, on the E-PL1.

Seems like the Never Ending Story, don't it? ?
So much antiquated glass, and so little time.

Please send a stop it already message if you think it's getting boring! Or don't.

I'm thinking about putting my new ol' adapted glass on another body sometime. Anyone got a black OM-D body of some affordable kind they're willing to part with, for the peanuts I'm able to afford?

As you might have noticed, I'm not that picky about my bodies. As long as the prospective OM-D has a sensor and an EVF.
And is leaning towards the Dark Side...

View attachment 826634 View attachment 826635 View attachment 826636 View attachment 826637

Pictures shot on Nokia 6.1 Plus with Camera FV-5 app. DNG:s as usual developed and given that vintage feel in Snapseed.
Would a EM5.1 interest you?

Gromit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Richard
The rather lovely Nikkor 105:

R0000943.jpg

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
NoName f:3.8/8 mm fisheye lens

LRM_20170614_184725~01-01.jpeg
LRM_20170614_184532~01-01.jpeg
EDIT: Actually, this is not an adapted lens, it's the M4/3 version of the exact same lens that is available in C-mount, for the same price ($60). These are old pictures, taken when I had my Huawei handset, but I was prompted to unearth this lens after using the same pictures in a post in another thread, and discovered that it's native. I've not used it for a while, since I got the 7artisans f:2.8/7.5 mm. But, it's up and about now. It was the f:1.6/35 mm that was the C-mount lens. That's also out now...

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Fujian (C-mount) f:1.6/35 mm
This is the 35 mm I mentioned
in my above post.
Lots of iris blades. US$ 25.-
I was assisted in this shoot by one of the resident cat staff: Lady Isis de Tortoise.
FV5_0170-01.jpeg

FV5_0180-01.jpeg

FV5_0171-01.jpeg

Pictures shot on Nokia 6.1 Plus with Camera FV-5 app. DNG:s as usual developed and framed in Snapseed.
Showcase thread:
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/fujian-f-1-6-35-mm-c-mount.108533/

Last edited:

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
Thought it was about time I showed my much adapted Sigma f4.5-5.6 Nikon fit on my GX9. I bought it originally to be used on a Kipon Nikon G tilt/shift adapter which I picked up secondhand at a bargain price.
h
P1070538.JPG

For a couple of years this was all I used it for, and I have been pleased with the lens/adapter combination. Recently I read an article about Tamron Adaptall lenses, and this led me to start investigating mounting them on my camera. I dug out the 2 lenses and a 2x teleconverter that I own, and as a result I bought a couple of adapters.

Soon after it occured to me that I could also use the adapters on the Sigma. So here it is with a Viltrox NF-M43X. Now I have a 5.6-11.2 f2.4-4.0. What is more it works well. This will be really useful for taking photos in buildings, and also some very wide landscape pictures.

P1070539.JPG

Finally I had bought a K&F Concept Nikon G - M43 adapter. Here you can see it with the lens wearing its new 95mm collapsible rubber hood. With the hood fully extended it is fine for 16-12mm and with it half extended, as shown here, there is no vignetting even at 8mm.
P1070543.JPG

Here is the same adapter shown with a Cokin P holder (84/85mm). It is just the standard holder which can hold 3 filters (or 2 and a polariser). This also works well down to 8mm, so I am pleased because the 84/85mm filters are the size I use, and I would not be buying larger ones if they did not work.
P1070544.JPG

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
Thought it was about time I showed my much adapted Sigma f4.5-5.6 Nikon fit on my GX9. I bought it originally to be used on a Kipon Nikon G tilt/shift adapter which I picked up secondhand at a bargain price.
h View attachment 827806

For a couple of years this was all I used it for, and I have been pleased with the lens/adapter combination. Recently I read an article about Tamron Adaptall lenses, and this led me to start investigating mounting them on my camera. I dug out the 2 lenses and a 2x teleconverter that I own, and as a result I bought a couple of adapters.

Soon after it occured to me that I could also use the adapters on the Sigma. So here it is with a Viltrox NF-M43X. Now I have a 5.6-11.2 f2.4-4.0. What is more it works well. This will be really useful for taking photos in buildings, and also some very wide landscape pictures.

View attachment 827809

Finally I had bought a K&F Concept Nikon G - M43 adapter. Here you can see it with the lens wearing its new 95mm collapsible rubber hood. With the hood fully extended it is fine for 16-12mm and with it half extended, as shown here, there is no vignetting even at 8mm. View attachment 827811

Here is the same adapter shown with a Cokin P holder (84/85mm). It is just the standard holder which can hold 3 filters (or 2 and a polariser). This also works well down to 8mm, so I am pleased because the 84/85mm filters are the size I use, and I would not be buying larger ones if they did not work. View attachment 827814
Somebody makes an adapter to put Adaptall lenses on micro four thirds cameras.

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
Somebody makes an adapter to put Adaptall lenses on micro four thirds cameras.
Yes thanks. I know and I have one. I also bought a Nikon Adaptall adapter as it gives more versatility to how you connect Nikon to M43. It was the availability of a Viltrox NF-M43X at a much reduced price which led me down this route, and of course I already had the Kipon tilt/shift adapter.

It was the article on using Adaptall lenses which got me started on this, but I got diverted onto using the adapters on my Sigma even though that was not why I bought them. Once I have spent some time on the Adaptall lenses I own, I will be back here to show and describe what I achieve.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Sigma 600mm CAT. Tamron 2 x converter. Cheapo Pentax to Lumix adapter. GX80.
576558A0-FB0C-4A5A-991C-529B764407E5.jpeg
Not my smallest tripod.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Here's my probably-new, definitely old stock, Quantaray (sigma) 90mm f/2.8 macro on gx7. The 1:1 adapter was in the box, without that it's a fine little 1:2 closeup lens with limiter switch.
IMG_20200607_144358424~2.jpg

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Have you tried Moon shots with the teleconverter? I've given it a go with my Sigma 600 but didn't get very good results, seemed much better without the TC, but then maybe my TC wasn't very well made.
Yes, but not as good as shots taken with the FZ82.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
What to do with a focus ring challenged Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar f:2.8/5 cm? Well, because I got a set of Exakta extension tubes together with it, it only took a couple days of hard thinking to figure it out.
FV5_0263-02.jpeg

FV5_0270-01.jpeg
FV5_0266-01.jpeg
FV5_0265-01.jpeg

So, with one short tube, maybe 25 mm, and "fixed" distance on the lens. Take it away, Frankie!
_PL12958-01.jpeg
P6082961-01.jpeg

@ISO400 and f:2.8. I've boosted the RAW +1.0 EV.
Then I've screwed it up further in Snapseed.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It's a grease job, the helicoid is still there. Only I need stronger fingers to work it than I got on me...

Got a hair dryer? Use it to soften the grease enough to turn the helicoid, then you can take it apart, clean, and regrease. I picked up one from a thrift store since I haven't had hair for years and my daughter no longer lives with me. ;)

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Got a hair dryer? Use it to soften the grease enough to turn the helicoid, then you can take it apart, clean, and regrets. I picked up one from a thrift store since I haven't had hair for years and my daughter no longer lives with me. ;)
Got to go to the thrift store, I guess. I've got the hair, but I cut it as short as possible to avoid bad hairdays and save money on shampoo. Maybe I'll just put it on top of the toaster ?

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Got to go to the thrift store, I guess. I've got the hair, but I cut it as short as possible to avoid bad hairdays and save money on shampoo. Maybe I'll just put it on top of the toaster ?

You don't want it to get so hot that the lens elements will separate, just warm enough for the old grease to soften up so you can turn the helicoid to expose any screws and remove.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
You don't want it to get so hot that the lens elements will separate, just warm enough for the old grease to soften up so you can turn the helicoid to expose any screws and remove.
No, was just joking. If the winter and radiators were on, I'd put it on the radiator. I'll think of something else warm. If there still was such a thing as old fashioned light bulbs I'd put it on top of a lamp.

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
NoName f:3.8/8 mm fisheye lens

View attachment 827238 View attachment 827239
EDIT: Actually, this is not an adapted lens, it's the M4/3 version of the exact same lens that is available in C-mount, for the same price ($60). These are old pictures, taken when I had my Huawei handset, but I was prompted to unearth this lens after using the same pictures in a post in another thread, and discovered that it's native. I've not used it for a while, since I got the 7artisans f:2.8/7.5 mm. But, it's up and about now. It was the f:1.6/35 mm that was the C-mount lens. That's also out now...
Hi Eric
Did you know there's a showcase thread for this lens, though nobody has posted for 18 months. Maybe you can add something?

Latest threads

Top Bottom