Show us what your adapted lens looks like on your camera

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
this is a fixed focus 20 mm f4 lens taken from a hanamax underwater camera it is fitted with a 2 blade diaphragm externally that can stop it down to a near 1\16 inch opening it is in permanent focus from about 5 feet to infinity wide open and about 21\2 feet to infinity stopped down f stops must be guesstimated
about 6 stops range in the diaphram from open to stopped down
optically for a fixed focus design i consider it pretty good
its a raw looking affair.... a rube goldberg like contraption we would joke here in america
but hey it works:smile:

the entire lens and aperture assembly projects less than 1\16 of an inch past the surface of the body cap its built in making it ,imho, the flattest fully functional [ fixed focus\ variable f stops] lens currently on a micro 4\3s body

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Hi

pretty much my first adapted lens was a 300mm I bought for some bird photography

but I quickly added some extension tubes and a 50mm

C Mount seemed interesting, so I tried a few, a Vintage Elgeet lens

and a computar

I was interested in how well Pentax 110 lenses worked, so I added some of them, this is the 50mm (my favourite) on the G1

Its interesting how big the G1 is compared to the Pentax 110

both with a 50mm on.

All in all I've found the 35mm lenses better than anything else, so I've set up a reasonable collection for use:

I use the 300 and the 50 the most, but since buying the 45-200 the FD 200 hasn't been used much ... no matter it only cost $40 :)

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
We should have a competition to see who can come up with the craziest lens cap lens. You'd have a head start right now. :biggrin:

Cheers

Ray

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
id consider that a great honor, lol

looked up the artist illustrator who s name is a synonym for an overly complex contraption you used the other day , ray , the work is something else! really novel

in the us here where i live there was a cartoonist from the early mid 20 th c who drew fantastical overly complex mouse traps and such , rube goldberg ,who has the same reputation and is referenced the same way.....

i have some lens samples at various isos posted in the gallery at e-p1.net
i put there some time ago, shot with this lens, it does not suck , its better than i would imagine for a fixed focus design..... for an underwater camera , no less
cheers

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
id consider that a great honor, lol

looked up the artist illustrator who s name is a synonym for an overly complex contraption you used the other day , ray , the work is something else! really novel

in the us here where i live there was a cartoonist from the early mid 20 th c who drew fantastical overly complex mouse traps and such , rube goldberg ,who has the same reputation and is referenced the same way.....

i have some lens samples at various isos posted in the gallery at e-p1.net
i put there some time ago, shot with this lens, it does not suck , its better than i would imagine for a fixed focus design..... for an underwater camera , no less
cheers
I'll have go go back and check on that, but I'm aware of Rube Goldberg and in our parlance it's a Heath Robinson (thanks to the Poms). We never got to name whoever worked out that you could fix anything with fencing wire. :smile:

Meh! I think you were referring to Heath Robinson! :biggrin:

Cheers

Ray

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
that it heath robinson! looked him up on wikipedia and at the victoria and albert

didnt know of him or use of his name as a too complex thing

i learn everything at this forum !

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
????????? for......
The ugliest, yet most functional lens cap lens for m4/3s (photo proof of results required, though how proof can be proven may be difficult to prove).:biggrin:

Big sense of humour needed (I need something to pick me up after the last few weeks at work). :dash2:

Cheers

ray

Justified_Sinner

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dauvit Alexander
love those pentax 110 lenses , those are 2 of the 3 i dont have the other being the pan focus 18 mm
The Pan-Focus is an oddity. I have one and it doesn't seem to focus to infinity on the G1 whilst all the others do. As I've no idea how this lens even works - the only lens diagram for it I could find makes it look identical in every way to the 18mm normal focus - I don't think this is a fault as the lens performs perfectly on the Auto 110.

Of the other lenses, I wouldn't bother too much with the zoom, which is very soft (but has the distinction of being the only commercial lens ever made which you extend to zoom out) but the 70mm is wonderful. Very small, light and at f2.8, fairly fast for a long lens.

A friend of mine is very interested in getting a 110 setup after having seen mine, so I've been watching the prices. The 70mm is still fairly easy to get (in the UK I've seen it listed at Rocky's Cameras, Mr Cad and Clock Tower Cameras as well as on ebay) and sells for about £30 - £45. The zoom is rare and I've only seen it once on ebay for £120, not worth it in my opinion. The Pan Focus is rarer still. I bought mine on ebay for £35 and think that I might have got a bargain. KEH in Canada seems to regularly stock a range of Auto 110 kit.

SimplyEd

Mu-43 Regular
G1 +
Zeiss 21mm f2.8 biogon
Voigtlander 50mm f2.0 Heliar
Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar
Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 Nokton
Leica 75mm f2.5 Summarit
Nikon 28mm f3.5 PC-Nikkor Shift Lens
Voigtlander 28mm f1.9 Ultron

You have great lens collection chalk.... I love rf lenses... they look cool and perform well.

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
@cosinaphile: I'd really love to see those sample images you mention. I tried to find them at E-P1.net, but it's not easy to find anything there (I started wading through your post history, but you've got 47 pages of it!), and searching on "hanamax" turned up nothing, either...

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
kai, heres a link to a thread i started on the other forum , i was fascinated by the possibilities that adapted lenses beyond the pentax stable of 110 lenses offered for micro 4 third , alas not a single comment or question from the members of that forum for my thread for the hanamex 110 UW camera lens , an unusually wide for fixed design, 20 mm f4

heres a link to the thread that has additional info and links to the gallery with sample images

http://e-p1.net/index.php?topic=1127.0

if you cannot view the pics then do a quick register it literally takes seconds and does not require a visit to your e mail account to activate , this will allow you to view the gallery , which i fear may be restricted to the forum only [ not positive about this]

other lenses ive taken from old and or non working 110 cameras are some really cheap and soft fixed lenses from cheap-o 110s. [20something mm f 8 or so designs]..... some pretty decent real focusing minoltas ,24mm f4 designs i think.......... a really nice canon 26mm f2[ yes f2!] lens from a true canon high end 110 rangefinder........ and a 23mm f 2.8 110 German rollei lens [picture is on this thread with image samples]

i have also removed the 25-50 mm minolta zoom from a minolta zoom 110 slr but have not adapted it yet for micro 4\3s use , [difficult design issues]

i will try to copy over a couple of images from that gallery to this one in the meantime

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
a sample with the hanamex 110 UW 20 mm f4 camera lens adapted for the ep1\gf1

iso 200.... distance to subject ;about 7.5 feet fl-14 flash.... lens used wide open....A priority mode ,........ shutter speed unrecorded

check this forums gallery for this image....... viewable much larger ,of course

here it is outdoors , its occured to me that this fixed focus lens was meant to be sharp from about 4 feet to about 50 feet depending on f stop, this make sense as it was an underwater camera with a pretty serious housing for a 110 camera

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
Those pics with the hanamex look promising, though it'd be great to see something outdoors in decent light, too. This must have been quite fun to cobble together! As for the f2.8/23mm Rollei - now those 2 pictures look rather stunning! What a ridiculously tiny lens. I'm impressed!

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
the shot i did back in dec are mixed in with other lens used , so i cant be sure which shots are with the 20mm f4.... illl shoot a test shot in daylight for consideration

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular
A few chunks of Canon

Apologies for joining the party late; I only just found the forum.

Anyway, better late than never:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwenty/4283248844/" title="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 24mm 1:1.4 L (Side Angle) by fortytwenty, on Flickr">
"500" height="375" alt="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 24mm 1:1.4 L (Side Angle)" /></a>

Above: Camera + Lens : GF1 + CANON LENS FD 24mm 1:1.4 L

Below: Camera + Lens : GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwenty/4282317350/" title="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle) by fortytwenty, on Flickr">
"500" height="375" alt="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle)" /></a>

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom