Show us what your adapted lens looks like on your camera

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
Nice!

I have two Industar 61s made a year apart from the other, one is 53mm and the other 55mm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Russian sources claim that they were all actually 52.42mm focus length, and just marked slightly different lengths. Why? I have no idea.

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
Can you go more s*** than this? 🙃
Not sure what that's short for but I'm going with yes, yes I can.

I present to you the 85mm f2 Jupiter-9, in a Kiev/Contax mount, using a cheap off-brand Nikon(S) adapter.

It works. And given that the Jupiter-9s all require an enormous amount of torque to focus, I think it's actually preferable to the M39 mount through an adapter, as focussing will have a tendency to unscrew the lens from the M39 adapter. (I was actually hoping to use one of the Kiev-mount 50s using this adapter, but it doesn't have the internal bayonet needed to mount that)

As I said, it works. I admit I don't find this very practical, but mostly because a 170mm fixed-length equivalent is not really my cup of tea. Hence I haven't done anything in the way of testing, but the image quality itself seems fine.
IMG_20210519_154547crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not sure what that's short for but I'm going with yes, yes I can.

I present to you the 85mm f2 Jupiter-9, in a Kiev/Contax mount, using a cheap off-brand Nikon(S) adapter.

It works. And given that the Jupiter-9s all require an enormous amount of torque to focus, I think it's actually preferable to the M39 mount through an adapter, as focussing will have a tendency to unscrew the lens from the M39 adapter. (I was actually hoping to use one of the Kiev-mount 50s using this adapter, but it doesn't have the internal bayonet needed to mount that)

As I said, it works. I admit I don't find this very practical, but mostly because a 170mm fixed-length equivalent is not really my cup of tea. Hence I haven't done anything in the way of testing, but the image quality itself seems fine.
View attachment 888970
FWIW I don't think they're supposed to be so tight, it's just that with age the lubricant has deteriorated. Servicing my also tight example has been on my to do list for a long time.

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
FWIW I don't think they're supposed to be so tight, it's just that with age the lubricant has deteriorated. Servicing my also tight example has been on my to do list for a long time.
Yes, you're right, they're clearly not supposed to be this tight. I have used a Jupiter-9 in LTM that is much better than the lens above. This seems to be the most common complaint with this lens, though - granted they are pretty heavy beasts so more to move on that old dried up lubricant.

Probably a combination of manufacturing tolerances, the lubricant, and age. I have a Jupiter-8 (50f2) that's particularly bad.

But while I don't have a lot of old Japanese lenses, I don't recall ever having one with this issue.

Hoffelijk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeroen
E-pl8 with SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5
Has a "Macro" cq close focus zone on 70mm that I use a lot, not sharp rather soft but delivers the color "match" that I am used to get from the Pentax PK mount lenses

P5230024.JPG

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
It's a pity that this pretty E-PL2 don't have IBIS.
But here it is, with the Konica Hexanon AR f:1.8/40 mm.
DSC_0299-02.jpeg
DSC_0298-02.jpeg

cangopluto

Mu-43 Regular
my triplet telescope with the e-m5 mk1
hidrohide1.JPG

hidrohide2.JPG

the scope as unmanipulated... f6 480mm. triplet, refractor.
tl804ftf2_perspektive-1000.jpg

mr jan floating hide.

cangopluto

Mu-43 Regular
in action. I've been taken for a beaver house. For a little person. and god knows what :)

hidrohide.jpg

P7160734.jpg

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Kodak Ektanon f:4.5/135 mm.

DSC_0380-01.jpeg
DSC_0382-01.jpeg
DSC_0381-01.jpeg

Focus set at infinity.
Nikon D50 (6 MP CCD) with M42 adapter.

Last edited:

BW79ST

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Brian Wickham
Here's my EPL7 with a Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/28 C/Y mount. It also works nicely with my digital Pen-F.

Attachments

• P7170004.jpg
    P7170004.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 24

bkspero

Mu-43 Rookie
Here are my not particularly unusual adapted Hexanon 57/1.4 and 135/3.2 lenses on an EM10ii. The 57mm is pretty soft at 1.4, but much better at 1.7 and sharp starting at f2. I haven't shot enough with the 135mm, yet, to make any judgements. I thought focus peaking had worked on them when last I tried them a few weeks ago, but it didn't when I tried today.

Attachments

• Konica 57mm f1.4.jpg
    Konica 57mm f1.4.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Konica 135mm f3.2.jpg
    Konica 135mm f3.2.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 21
My first M43 camera - an E-PL2 in early 2011 with the Summitar 50/2.0 off my father's Leica iiiC. Cheap adapter from who knows where.

Attachments

• P1030081.jpg
    P1030081.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 24

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
In another thread, @ektar makes a feeble try to make me look like some kind of "remote brainwasher" to make him go out and get a Konica f:1.8/40 mm pancake!

I don't mean to be mean, but isn't there some personal responsibility involved there somewhere?

But I have promised @ektar conclusive evidence pertaining to my (now) undeniable innocence in the matter!

And here it is:

DSC_0468-01.jpeg

DSC_0469-01.jpeg

Yes. That is correct. I have two of them.

That should be evidence enough as proof of my intention to get them all for myself.

Hence my motivation to get @ektar to want one is nil. Why would I make someone a competitor?

cangopluto

Mu-43 Regular
I hope it was not a nearsighted beaver that made that error. I could imagine he'd be right peeved to find you in his home.

- K
No, it was a couple of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens (not so sure about the "sapiens" part though LOL

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom