Show us what your adapted lens looks like on your camera

Finally got around to ordering a helicoid for my thrift store Helios 92 ƒ2 projector lens. Need to go out tomorrow and shoot with it. Seems reasonably sharp, but of course has a razor-thin focus plane. Thought it might be fun for portraits but not sure when I'm going to be able to do much of that again. Check out my first test shots.

50081287202_a31061de0e_c.jpg
Helios 92 92mm/ƒ2 projector lens
by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Real Name
Richard
Hello Slau (and Vintage adapted clan):
I’m finally checking this thread!! The m4/3 Camera scene and adapting old lenses was why I first got into these cool cameras (besides being an Oly fan). I know have the (nearly vintage) GH2 and EPL-3.
and the M4/3 To OLY Fotodiox adapter.
And a Fotodiox Pro B4.
can you suggest some reasonably priced vintage lenses? ($50 - $125-ish)? Several of the lenses you (and others show) are rather $$$.! But very cool/sweetlooking classics!

thanks - newbie guy /Christo
Hi Christo
Just saw your post.
If you get a LTM adapter there are lots of ex USSR lenses you can get in that price bracket or cheaper eg Jupiter, Industar or FED. I have Jupiter 11, 135mm f/4, beautiful long silver lens. Also Industar69, tiny 28mm pancake which you need to modify for infinity focus. Or you could get a Fed 50mm collapsible....
P7081117.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jupiter11
P7081116.JPG

Industar 69

Also for your price range you could get three Pentax Auto 110 lenses, 18mm, 24mm, and 50mm, but they need another adapter. Erich makes his own...
P7081118.JPG

Pentax auto 110 24mm

Last edited:
Real Name
Butch Oakey
Hi Christo
Just saw your post.
If you get a LTM adapter there are lots of ex USSR lenses you can get in that price bracket or cheaper eg Jupiter, Industar or FED. I have Jupiter 11, 135mm f/4, beautiful long silver lens. Also Industar69, tiny 28mm pancake which you need to modify for infinity focus. Or you could get a Fed 50mm collapsible....
View attachment 834326
Jupiter11
View attachment 834327
Industar 69

Also for your price range you could get three Pentax Auto 110 lenses, 18mm, 25mm, and 50mm, but they need another adapter. Erich makes his own...
View attachment 834330
Pentax auto 110 25mm
How did Erich make his adapter for the Pentax lenses?

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Nikon D70 w/MC Centon f:1.7/50 mm
[PK mount]

Lady Isis de Tortoise was helpful in this shoot!

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
Very smexy ... don't remember the filter on top of the lens though :)
No, that's a low quality, cheap Chinese import UV filter which fits the combination of the cheap glassed PK to Nikon adapter and the Centon lens perfectly.
What's it called, lomography... I'm obviously having a spell when I don't want sharp pictures right now 🤪

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
My first Lumix! Not the latest model by far, but in mint condition, with original box, and all of the cables, manuals, and CDs included, everything excepting the kit lens, for $43.
And, Snapseed accepts the RW2 files directly, w/o DNG conversion!

It was made for my Pentax-110 lenses.

fv5_0372-01-01-jpeg.jpg

fv5_0373-01-01-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
My first Lumix! Not the latest model by far, but in mint condition, with original box, and all of the cables, manuals, and CDs included, everything excepting the kit lens, for $43.
And, Snapseed accepts the RW2 files directly, w/o DNG conversion!

It was made for my Pentax-110 lenses.
View attachment 837010
View attachment 837006
View attachment 837007
That Panasonic GF5 looks mighty sexy with that 110 50mm :) .... no wonder I haven’t seen you for a while, you’ve been doing some naughty adapting :p
I would have a hard time trying to pick a rangefinder for my Little Gang 110s: Panasonic GXs or GFs or GMs or Olympus E-Ps or E-PMs or E-PLs

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
That Panasonic GF5 looks mighty sexy with that 110 50mm :) .... no wonder I haven’t seen you for a while, you’ve been doing some naughty adapting :p
I would have a hard time trying to pick a rangefinder for my Little Gang 110s: Panasonic GXs or GFs or GMs or Olympus E-Ps or E-PMs or E-PLs
Simple answer: one of each! I'm thinking that the GF5 is a step up from the E-PL1 I gave to my brother. No IBIS, but a nice little metal body with a good grip. Touch screen is a little annoying, but I found the Q menu, so at least it's simple to get to the settings I use. And the RW2 files looks nice. And Snapseed swallows them without a hitch. Why not my E-PL1 ORF files, I wonder. But, IQ wise, I think one is as good as the other. The GF5 wins on the looks! And it was really price efficient. I haven't been able to make it show me the shutter count yet. The Internet method I found won't work for me (EDIT: I was just too clumsy. Shutter actuations are 2787). But I'd be surprised if it was very high. As an added bonus, I got an original Olympus body cap on it!

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Simple answer: one of each! I'm thinking that the GF5 is a step up from the E-PL1 I gave to my brother. No IBIS, but a nice little metal body with a good grip. Touch screen is a little annoying, but I found the Q menu, so at least it's simple to get to the settings I use. And the RW2 files looks nice. And Snapseed swallows them without a hitch. Why not my E-PL1 ORF files, I wonder. But, picture wise, I think one is as good as the other. The GF5 wins on the looks!
You really would push to own not just the entire Micro Four Thirds catalog but its whole history :p ... I have noticed that mobile apps don't like .ORF files at all and these days I end up shooting RAW on Card 1 and JPEG on Card 2 because of this. It would be hard to give up on IBIS for me these days so it would be most likely an Olympus or the newer Panasonic GX cameras. "The GF5 wins on the looks!" So you like rounded shapes :p

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
Lumix DMC-GF5 w/MC Centon f:1.7/50 mm

Oh, and I did manage to get to the shutter count menu. My fingers are too big to understand the input needed the first time 🙄

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom