Show us what your adapted lens looks like on your camera

JayZay87

New to Mu-43
Hey, fellow islander! (I have relatives on Lopez that I have to go through Friday Harbour in order to visit.)

Have you tried using a reversing adapter?

In the film days, that was a cheap way of doing macro with standard 50mm lenses. The theory is that they are designed to be sharp with the back end of the lens fairly close to the film, so reversing them puts the back end about the same distance from the subject. (This "theory" sorta ignores that the objective end of the lens is still "looking at" the film at a fairly short distance, though.)
Nice to meet another islander! I'm originally from B.C myself (Vancouver Island) and immigrated to the states within the last 4 years to San Juan, so it wasn't too much of a move distance wise! I haven't had many opportunities to visit Lopez, but it really is a nice place.

Thanks for the info regarding reverse adapters, it's one of those things that I've heard of but have never tried and didn't really understand how they worked in theory - definitely something to look into!

Cheers

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kern Paillard Pizar 26mm 1.9 on E-PL7

Last edited:
Posted the 800mm already, but again and a few more

View attachment 774013

Canon FD 300 F/2.8L on the G2 which is long gone and now used on the E-M1, E-M1 II

View attachment 774014

Canon FD 800 F/5.6L on the E-M10

View attachment 774015

Sigma 500 F/4.5 APO on the old G2

View attachment 774016

Canon FL-F 500 F.5,6 Fluorite on the G2. Best built lens I've ever seen.

View attachment 774017

Canon FD 500 F/4.5L. Used 90% of the time. Beautiful balance, wonderful internal focus, smooth and easy to use. Sharp as a tack. If I could have only one lens, that's it.

View attachment 774018

It's what happens when a Sigma decides to eat your camera.

All the best folks and a theme going on there for sure.

Danny.
Amazing, do you have any images taken with these lenses. I am new to MFT and would love to try adapted lenses.

3dpan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Thanks again. All I use is old manual focus legacy lenses, don't own any AF lenses yet. All the best and thanks.

Danny.
Huh, you are too modest.
I have enough trouble catching a kingfisher on a branch with an MF legacy lens, let alone freezing one in flight, they move fast.
Alec

Adapted this Soviet-era 2.8/28 pancake lens for a Chaika half-frame 35mm camera following instructions found on the forum -- had to disassemble the lens and grind down the helical flange to achieve infinity focus. Some sample photos in the Industar-69 showcase.

48998869942_7af2a683e3_c.jpg

Industar-69 mod by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom