Show: Random picture thread

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This sculpture placed a little lost in the grass next to the footpath leading to our hospital needed some framing.
A water pipe under a bridge on the way came just right. In-camera double exposure.

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
How exciting is this?
2009-28-TG5.jpg

It's a solid oak bollard, which was one of hundreds planted into the grass verges outside the Texaco (now Valero) oil refinery near Pembroke.
In September 2000 (with fuel prices around 80 pence per litre) road hauliers from all over the country descended on this and other refineries protesting at the prices. They formed a blockade around the refinery, preventing fuel tankers from exiting and causing petrol and diesel shortages at garages nationwide.
They were eventually dispersed and hundreds of the oak bollards were placed all along the refinery entrance preventing further disturbances.
I was amazed to see how nature has taken a foothold. The type of lichens that have attached to the bollards are generally a good indicator of clean air, which is somewhat surprising, literally on the doorstep of the refinery.
2009-29-TG5.jpg

As an aside, the contractors installing the bollards caused some disturbance themselves; when excavating, they damage fibre-optic cables in the process. :rolleyes:

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter
@Walter
BRAVO
Your best double exposure so far.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm slowly understanding a little better how the camera algorithms work. The main problem is that you can only judge if the overlay is good when you see it on the PC screen. There is no telling beforehand whether the first shot ot the second will dominate. But I've realized that you can influence it to a certain degree by over- or under-exposing the second shot. Slowly I'm getting what I want (see the following two in-camera double exposures).

Last edited:

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter

Two vital arteries without which our lives would immediately collapse: water and electricity.

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter
I had an instant bout of laugh imagining myself running around with camera in one hand, tablet in the other.
I guess it would be a little cumbersome.
But there is another problem: after you've taken the first shot this is displayed at half-reduced light in the viewfinder so you can compose your overlay. In bright daylight you can't judge the result from the LCD, so I'm always working with the viewfinder.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
Passing by - motorway side window shot (crop, IQ is as it is...).
Built to be radio station, never used as such. Later film studios, now planned to be recreational / educational center.

09200480lc.jpg

Last edited:

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
I own a Olympus OMD EM5 II for about 5 years, but only today I decided to give the Multi Exposure a try.
This is a two exposure composite done entirely in camera.

Manual mode
First picture: 1/30; f/2.8; ISO 640
Second picture: 1/10; f/5.6; ISO 640
1 Godox AD200 PRO (I've only used the optional Round Head modeling light)
1 white reflector
Tripod
1 kitchen lightner

P9235656_b copy.jpg

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Real Name
Melissa

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom