Show radio communication infrastructure - cellular, broadcast, relay, whatever

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Chrome
The second I saw this, I thought it one of the neatest things I'd ever seen. It's in Elwood KS on the Missouri River, across from St Joseph MO. Because of the complex road system I had the criss-cross the river 3-4 times, figuring out how to get to it. Any ideas of what kind of antenna it might be?

36994442393_fc94ab263c_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Lifeguard tower, Elwood KS by Michael Atwell - Chrome, on Flickr

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
The second I saw this, I thought it one of the neatest things I'd ever seen. It's in Elwood KS on the Missouri River, across from St Joseph MO. Because of the complex road system I had the criss-cross the river 3-4 times. Figuring out how to get to it. Any ideas of what kind of antenna it might be?

View attachment 775901Lifeguard tower, Elwood KS by Michael Atwell - Chrome, on Flickr
Looks like an umbrella to me, could it be a part of a lightning rod?

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Weather tower? - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-05 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This tower which I initially thought was a radio comms tower but looking now at the photo it seems to have wind monitoring systems attached was on the summit of Le Mourade, at approximately 1,300 metre mark.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom