SHOW: Portraits with sunglasses :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by JohnMetsn, May 2, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

SHOW: Portraits with sunglasses

I gotta say that uusunn's picture in this thread got really stuck in my head and today, when on our family walk I was trying to take picture to show off the bokeh of my Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm f2 lens for the contest here and my wife was supposed to hold my sunglasses for me...I took a quick portrait of her.

And I kinda liked the result. Sunglasses always make the portrait look different. A bit cold, a bit ad like, a bit less personal...but somewhat cool. Quite commonly the reflection in the glasses supports the unique look. So please, show off your shots of portraits with sunglasses :smile:

GF1 + Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm @ f2 wide open
    • Like Like x 6
  2. uusunn

uusunn Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2010
    Haha, glad I could be of inspirational assistance! Nice shot. Did you use an EVF to focus? I'm curious if it has any measurable amount of difference.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks :smile: I didn't use EVF in this case. I do have EVF on GF1 though and I love it mainly when I use my 45-200. I don't have really use for it for smaller lens if I can see the display well. But it helps on bright summer day :smile:
  4. compositor20

compositor20 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2010
    this is a fantastic shot... this lens is so contrasty and sharp... is it really that good at ff2?

i have a canon FD 50mm that is also quite good at f2 but not like this although i dont have yet the vf-2

which post processing?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Great capture Ondrej...and your wife is beautiful!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

This lens need a lot of PP, as mainly contrast is not to my liking. So I needed to push up blacks and contrast a lot. On the other hand, when I do the necessary PP, I do like the result a lot. I'm someone who is still not convinced that I'm in love with my Panny 20mm because of sterile look this lens give my pics, that's why I appreciate the personal touch of this Minolta Rokkor :smile:

I know!! :biggrin::biggrin: But thanks anyway, your comment was the first thing she wanted to read on mu-43 board :smile:

PS: I'm still waiting for other participants!! :smile:
  7. Orientator

Orientator Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    Cool Sunglasses

Some say this grainy filter out of the E-PL1 is cheap...

But I still like it!

• Like Like x 3
  8. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Finally, young Johnny Depp appeared :biggrin: I wouldn't doubt this image is from those times when first Wayfarers went out to the sunny day :smile: