Show Pen F Images

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
good morning on the european side of the world. ;-)
attached are 2 pictures i took with the PEN-F and the Samyang 7,5mm fisheye, i think the filter was the bleach bypass I or II.
i only take the pictures directly out of the camera, only sometimes i make a little bit cropping

we were 2018 on a hike in the alps, next to Großglockner - Fuscherkarkopf, with a night under the stars the previous day to start as early as possible

View attachment 812606
(i made some more pics of the same view, but there was always something wrong in the picture like my feet, or the poles, or the strap :cautious: see the small attachement)

View attachment 812605
(its unfortunatelly a little bit out of focus, the Samyang was not on infinite at the hard stop, but i like the feeling of gigantic pyramids and the nostalgic color)

at the moment we are requested not to make bigger hikes to avoid the risk of blocking ambulance or doctors, so i have to watch my old pictures

have a nice day

anderle
Hey, Anderle---
The combination of the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye + the Pen F --- is really very cool.
I like these pictures a lot.
Hope to see some more from you - and thanks for sharing them!
-Miguel

Anderle

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks so much Miguel,
unfortunattely i had to sell the fisheye for buying the Oly 9-18 for a USA trip to be more flexibel, but i will buy that Samyang again (or maybe the Laowa 7,5) but don´t know yet.

that picture was from my first tour with the PEN-F in 2018 (had it for a week or 2) - with the 17 1.8 - no filter

as usual i used a Peak Design Capture Clip and during our way down i felt with a deep-dive into the wet snow, the cam was over and over full with snow and water, but it survived until today. i had also the M5 I, but sold it, the PEN-F is perfect for me (don´t want to spend to much time in front of the computer in off-work time) only weather sealing would make it a little bit easier for me

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Taken with my Pen F in color, but then converted to monochrome (because it seemed to suit this image better)--

Real Name
Marc Sitkin

Ocutlan de Morelos Oaxaca Mexico

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Got a new-to-me Pen-F the day before we got sheltered-in-place. Coffee and flowers!

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Pandemic photo walk, Downtown Los Angeles

The Bro / Accident Lawyer

P4190448_DxO.jpg

Disney Concert Hall on a blue sky day

P4190444_DxO.jpg

I love that somewhat painted this ordinary pipe gold in an otherwise colorless block

P4190429_DxO.jpg

Westin Bonaventure Hotel

P4190422_DxO.jpg

Seeing Red?

P4190411_DxO.jpg

Business is on ice these days

P4190409_DxO.jpg

No straight lines in nature

P4190393_DxO.jpg

Desaturated all colors under HSL controls except red for this one. Had to wait for the right sized pedestrian pass through the a in Macy's. I believe he was skateboarding too.

P4190392_DxO.jpg

The Standard... just ain't what it used to be anymore.

P4190385_DxO.jpg

Reflections on a fun walk today

P4190383_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
On a dull day (today) it was either go back to scanning ~70 y/o family photos or play with the Pen-F, the O45 1.8, a tripod, a folding screen, some black velvet and the old faithful orchid. Some fun with HiRes, too.

1/60 sec, f/2.5, iso 800 (wanted to fuzz the screen a bit)

0.4 sec., f/5.0, iso 200 (no reason to limit depth of field)

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Mix of live composite and hand held slow shutter. I just love this Pen-F and the Olympus features.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Testing the close focusing capabilities of my 12-40 PRO in the backyard today. Usually maxed out at 40mm and used the focus clutch and higher f-stop to give me margin for error in handheld situation. Cropped 80-100% for final images.

Easily identifiable, these are eggs sacs from the brown widow spider. Can lay 20 of these in her life and each sac has 120-150 babies inside.

P6020163_DxO .jpg

I found a collection of the survivors high up and exposed on a plant. I guesstimate each baby to be 2mm long.

P6020167_DxO .jpg

Spring means youth is all around and this grasshopper was trying to blend in with the Swiss Chard leaf.

P6020146_DxO .jpg

This last insect I have never seen before but it was stationary on our tomato plant for a long while. Maybe hunting for aphids?. Can anyone help me identify it?

P6020157_DxO .jpg

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I tried the Monochrome mode yesterday for a couple of photos of a rock face.
Here is one of the photos in different versions, first: SOOC JPG with crop in PP to match the view and exposure -0.7 EV since I had set +0.7 EV to get more detail in the blacks, then an attempt to match the results from the raw file using the JPG and my version of the raw file. Maybe not the fairest comparison because of the EV but that is as it is.
All processing done in DxO PL3, JPGs has no lens correction or other default corrections applied. Raw file of course has the lens corrections from PL3 and default corrections and more.
It is interesting that the raw file seems to contain more pixels than the JPG.

1. SOOC JPG -0.7EV.
P6030063_DxO_Web_1.jpg

2. JPG trying to match raw file processing.
P6030063_DxO_Web-1.jpg

3. Processed raw file.
P6030063_DxO_Web.jpg

My conclusion is that I will continue to use the raw file for pictures I want to look a certain way. More possibilities than the JPG.
Comments or Criticism?

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David
I tried the Monochrome mode yesterday for a couple of photos of a rock face.
Here is one of the photos in different versions, first: SOOC JPG with crop in PP to match the view and exposure -0.7 EV since I had set +0.7 EV to get more detail in the blacks, then an attempt to match the results from the raw file using the JPG and my version of the raw file. Maybe not the fairest comparison because of the EV but that is as it is.
All processing done in DxO PL3, JPGs has no lens correction or other default corrections applied. Raw file of course has the lens corrections from PL3 and default corrections and more.
It is interesting that the raw file seems to contain more pixels than the JPG.

1. SOOC JPG -0.7EV.
View attachment 827604

2. JPG trying to match raw file processing.
View attachment 827605

3. Processed raw file.
View attachment 827606

My conclusion is that I will continue to use the raw file for pictures I want to look a certain way. More possibilities than the JPG.
Comments or Criticism?
I’m just on my iPad, but I prefer #1, the SOOC JPG. It looks more “natural” to me.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If the RAW file has more pixels, check the aspect ratio you have set in the camera. The camera will crop the jpg files it makes to fit that aspect ratio. Naturally the aspect ratio setting is ignored when creating the raw files.

I happen to prefer the SOOC jpg above, but you could have set the camera to produce the results like the ones you made from the raw file.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom