Show Pen F Images

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
With Panasonic 20mm f/1.7

Real Name
Siegfried
With Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
View attachment 797411
Great image. I read an interesting article that also talked about this lens. The article was talking about different lenses, lens design and the effects one get when selecting specific lenses. The writer was saying that modern lenses are ultra sharp and everything but by having 8 lens groups and more it makes the picture look flat. This lens has 6 groups and is known for its images 3D type look. The Olympus 17mm f2.8 and the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 also has 6 groups and should have the same characteristic.... Obviously love to hear your feedback and love to see more from this camera/lens combination.... :)

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great image. I read an interesting article that also talked about this lens. The article was talking about different lenses, lens design and the effects one get when selecting specific lenses. The writer was saying that modern lenses are ultra sharp and everything but by having 8 lens groups and more it makes the picture look flat. This lens has 6 groups and is known for its images 3D type look. The Olympus 17mm f2.8 and the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 also has 6 groups and should have the same characteristic.... Obviously love to hear your feedback and love to see more from this camera/lens combination.... :)
It is one my favorite lenses, especially on the Pen-f. Have you looked at the Panasonic 20mm sample lens thread. I have posted many images there with the Pen-f.

greentoe

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Mason Resnick

I shot this a few years ago when I had an opportunity to test the Pen F. Reduced color saturation setting, 12mm lens (which, BTW, is one of the best lenses I've ever used)

https://www.greentoe.com/product/Ol...ens__Black__V311020BU001?keyword=Olympus 12mm

soundfanz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chris

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Just come back from the Australian Open and am going through all of the images I managed to get.
I was shooting in colour but turned over to the Pen F B/W setting and was interested to see that my actual shooting differed
Anyone that cannot capture sport with a Pen F and P45-175mm Lens (in my opinion) has to try a little bit harder.
S-AF in either H or single shot was fine as I just had to shoot at the appropriate time.
It took me back to my Nikon FM with motor drive days as I had given it to my son but he never went in for film so he gave it back
The image is SOOC with Mono setting

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Just come back from the Australian Open and am going through all of the images I managed to get.
I was shooting in colour but turned over to the Pen F B/W setting and was interested to see that my actual shooting differed
Anyone that cannot capture sport with a Pen F and P45-175mm Lens (in my opinion) has to try a little bit harder.
S-AF in either H or single shot was fine as I just had to shoot at the appropriate time.
It took me back to my Nikon FM with motor drive days as I had given it to my son but he never went in for film so he gave it back
The image is SOOC with Mono setting
No image!

hernan

Mu-43 Regular
Kodachrome classic chrome +12-40

Gromit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Using HR function - Nikon from a jpeg, 'Blad from a RAW:

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Somewhere near the state lines of Idaho, Oregon, and Nevada.

Real Name
Marc Sitkin

Oaxaca City Mexico

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
SOOC Pen F with P45-175
Australian open 2020

P1220040.JPG

P1220057.JPG

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom