1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Show: OMG A Pixel?

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by SCT, Sep 13, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I'm kinda bored coming up with this picture sharing subject. But the idea came to me as I saw a single, oddball pixel show up on my LCD screen which also shows on the picture. Fortunately, mine is just a "hot pixel". But with all of us having cameras of the modern variety, pixel failures of all kinds are inevitable. They're not wanted, but what else can you do than to accept it before you can get it repaired? Embrace it for the time being :smile: Hopefully we all have pixel mapping but even that is limited, then you need a new sensor.

SHOW 'EM!
    (doesn't have to be a nice picture.... given the fact that the whole picture is ruined BY THE ODD BALL PIXEL)

[​IMG]
    EPL1 + 14-42mm II R MSC
    Oddball pixel is at the upper left corner.

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Either my eyes are shot or my screen resolution is pretty bad but I can't see it.
    You might have to give me coordinates
    :smile:

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Also, in LR or any other PP program you can easily make those disappear. There's really no reason for them to ruin a photo.

4. dayou14

dayou14 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    Mate,

You're sure it's there? I don't see no hot/dead pixel.

Bian

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    come on people, it's a white dot in a sea of black at the top left. I understand it's not full size, but once you no where to look, it's pretty clear.

6. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    LOL, seriously, I can't see it!

7. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    OK. If I expand the picture to nearly full screen (24"), I can see a white smudge in the upper left corner (closer to the side than the top). Interesting that we all don't see it the same way. Browser? OS?

Edit: Checked Firefox and Chrome: no difference.

8. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Yea, it appears as a whitish speck at the left top corner. I have my picture on my facebook which downgrades the pics I upload there. I upload it elsewhere so it is its true color red.... At work right now tho.....